CHAPTER EIGHT

My stay at the castle was pretty was more enjoyable than I imagined. Everything was going pretty smooth, everyone was preparing for princess Audrey's engagement party. From the decorations, preparations and gifts flooding in every day, it was obvious that it was going to be a big and extravagant party.

Oliver was always in her room, I wondered if she was going to be as excited as her sister on her own engagement party. She was more of an introvert.

I, Maisie and Grace spent evenings together, even madam Elizabeth had noticed our closeness. Madam Elizabeth though feared and respected by all was really kind, she was considerate and accomodating, though she was strict when it came to assigning duties.

Everyone anticipated the return of the prince, prince Samuel, Oliver's and Audrey's brother and the crown prince.

The day for Audrey's engagement party was fast approaching. It was just one week left.

"Princess Audrey's engagement party is going to be lit. I can't wait" Grace said smiling as we walked to the room assigned to us.

"I am as excited as you are. We get to eat and drink what we like" Maisie said.

"You are more excited about the prince's return than the party" Grace teased her whispering because we were not the only ones walking on the hall way, other maids were present.

It was late in the evening. We had had our dinner and was heading for our room, so were other maids.

I wondered why Grace was always teasing her.

"Why do you always bring him up? I told you girls my crush on him died" Maisie said.

"You said so" I said.

"Okay fine, I'll quit teasing you" Grace laughed.

"Why isn't the prince back by now? Princess Audrey's engagement party is in a week" I said.

"I don't really know. I was thinking same too" Maisie said as she opened the door to our room, we met the other girl I and Maisie shared room with and another girl who I recognized to be one of the kitchen maids in the room, they were talking and stopped when we walked in, the girl got up and walked out with the kitchen maid.

"What is up with her?" I asked as I sat on my bed, Maisie and Grace sat on Maisie's bed.

"Rose?" Maisie asked.

"Yes the one we share room with" I said. I realized I didn't know her name since I have been in the castle.

"I have never seen her smile or laugh" Grace chipped in.

"She is just so weird" Maisie said.

"Everyone is weird to you Maisie" Grace mocked.

"But she is weird, she doesn't mingle with other maids, she is only friends with that kitchen maid, Emma. Rumors said they were friends before they met here" Maisie said.

"You believe too much of rumors" I said.

"I don't have any other thing to believe, they wouldn't defend themselves so we might as well believe what we heard" Maisie defended.

"Well, I think she is just traumatized, she was also abandoned when she was little. Not everyone is able to get over that like we did" Grace sided.

"Grace is right. She may be traumatized" I said.

"Well traumatized or not, I can't wait for princess Audrey's engagement party, we get to meet guys from different kingdoms" Maisie said.

"Guys?" I ask.

"Ofcourse guys. I mean guards from different kingdoms. Grace met one during princess Audrey's birthday party" Maisie said and Grace blushed.

"Seriously is this your payback for me telling Amelia that you had a crush on the prince?" Grace asked.

"Call it what you like" Maisie sticked out her tongue mockingly.

I laughed "someone please tell me the full gist" I pleaded still laughing.

"Well, they met under the moonlight, at the back of the castle. This particular guard was looking for the bathroom, my darling Grace was opportuned to be at the back of the castle at that moment......." Maisie gisted playfully.

"His name is Charles and I'll like to give the full gist, thank you very much. I showed him the bathroom, he pleaded with me to wait for him, I did, when he came back, we got talking, I noticed he wasn't a bad guy...." Grace said.

".... after the party that day, he sneaked back to visit Grace and asked her out.......he kept confessing to her that he couldn't sleep and he thought about her all night..." Maisie said laughing.

"I agreed to date him and he kept sneaking back to see me" Grace said and blushed.

"Awwn so romantic" I said smiling.

We all giggled and laughed.

"She skipped the best part when they kissed" Maisie teased.

"Oh c'mon, are we going to talk about that, this is so embarrassing" Grace giggled as she covered her face.

"Grace kept smiling, she said the kiss was passionate" Maisie teased and we all burst into a long and loud laughter.

Maisie and Grace were so fun to be around with. I noticed I never had such friends while I lived with my parents. I was always indoors helping mother either in the shop or at home.

I could be myself around them. They were the first true friends I could ever have.

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT SHORT, I REALLY APOLOGIZE. WELL GUYS, I WAS THINKING OF CREATING AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT WHERE I WILL BE DROPPING PICTURES AND MAYBE SPOILERS ON MY BOOKS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT IT IN THE COMMENT SECTION. SORRY FOR THE ERRORS, I AM NOT AN ENGLISH MAJOR SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE MASSIVE LOVE AND SUPPORT. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CHECKED UP AND REACHED OUT TO ME, I REALLY APPRECIATE ❤️