CHAPTER SIX

I finished helping princess Oliver wear her night robe and was now helping her brush her hair. I loved her silky, soft and long brown hair, I added scented oils to her hair as I brush and blow-dry her hair. Oliver sat facing the mirror on her dressing table while I stood behind. It was late and the only thing causing us to see was the candles lighted above like a candler.

Oliver smiled at me through the mirror as she watched me brush her hair. We were bonding so fast, I still couldn't believe I was friends with a princess.

I could remember when she told madam Elizabeth few weeks ago that she wanted me to be her handmaid.

"Amelia, can I ask you a question?" She asked still looking at me through the mirror.

"Sure my prin...." I was about to reply but then remembered she had asked me to call her 'Oliver' when it was just both of us "Yes Oliver" I corrected myself.

Oliver smiled even wider, she likes it when I call her name, she turned to me making me drop the brush in my hand. I picked it up.

"Are you a virgin?" She asked and I gasped.

What was the reason for these question? I was surprised and short of words, I couldn't reply, I just stared at her and she stared back at me. I coughed awkwardly embarrassed.

When I saw her eager expression to get an answer, I finally spoke up "Yes, I am a virgin" I replied shyly and awkwardly. Why were we discussing this?

"Do you have a lover?" Oliver asked again. I could feel shiver run down my spine. It better not be what I am thinking. Is princess Oliver a l*****n? I wouldn't want to believe that, I just hope she wasn't or I will definitely be believing what Maisie said about her being 'weird'

"No I don't" I replied.

Oliver sighed, lowering her head as she looked at her feet "I went to see father today....he sent for me. He told me he was going to marry me off as soon as my sister gets married" she narrated.

"Marry you off?" I asked not understanding what she meant by that.

"He has found a suitor for me" she narrated further.

"Who is the suitor?" I asked surprised but still wondering how what she is telling me now connects with the questions she asked.

"A prince from Avra. He is the crown prince" Oliver narrated "I don't want to marry him" she said.

"Why?" I asked. Although I knew why already. I wondered who brought up that stupid tradition of forcing women into marriage.

"I don't know him. I don't love him. Father said I must marry him to strengthen our allies and the relationship between both kingdoms" Oliver said.

"His royal highness has good intentions for you. I doubt he will marry you off to a prince who wouldn't treat you well" I encouraged her.

Oliver remained silent and looked up to me.

"Take for example your sister. She was betrothed when she was a baby but now she is so happy with prince Arthur, I am sure your case won't be any different" I cheered her up.

"Amelia" Oliver called and sighed "....father doesn't like me, he thinks I am cursed, everyone thinks I am cursed" Oliver said sadly.

"Well I don't think so" I said.

"Haven't you heard the rumors?" Oliver asked.

"I have. I don't believe them. Like you said, they are just rumors" I said.

Oliver smiled.

"I know the prince of Avra will treat you nicely" I say and smile, she smiled back.

"Thank you Amelia. I am so glad to have you as a friend" Oliver said "if not for you, I was considering escaping from the palace" she confessed.

"Escaping?" I asked surprised "what would your parents say?" I asked again.

"They care less about me. I doubt they would look for me" Oliver said.

Just then a knock came at the door.

Oliver turned immediately to face the mirror and I continued brushing her hair.

"Come in" she commanded and her sister, dressed in a night robe walked in, her ginger red hair waved along with her motion.

"Hello sister" she greeted walking up to us.

"Audrey" Oliver turned to her "you are in my room, why?" She asked and I stopped brushing her hair. I dropped the brush on the dressing table in front of her.

I walked to her bed and started dressing the sheets.

"Well I came to see my baby sister" Audrey said and dress a stool from under the dressing table.

Oliver eyed her suspiciously.

"Okay fine. I heard about your fixed marriage with the crown prince of Avra" Audrey said.

"So?" Oliver asked.

"I came to congratulate you. Quit being so uptight. You are so lucky" Audrey said with dreamy eyes.

"Well thanks. Seems like you have met him" Oliver said.

"Ofcourse I have. I met him when I went for a visit with Arthur. He is so handsome, I wonder how Dad was able to fix a marriage between both of you. I heard he wasn't into women" Audrey said.

"So why did he accept to marry me then?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know. But he is really cute" Audrey said.

"You sound as if you have a crush on him" Oliver stated.

"Well, who wouldn't" Audrey retorted.

"But you are engaged to be married to Arthur" Oliver reminded.

"Well, this tradition is so unfair to ladies. Why can men have as many women as they want but women are only restricted to their husbands" Audrey complained.

"Well you know the tradition" Oliver said.

"Anyways, you can have him, I don't care" Audrey said obviously lying to herself and maybe Oliver. She had a crush on him and her words said it. I wondered if he really looked as handsome as Audrey described.

I looked at Oliver, what does fate have in store for her? Because it was so clear that her sister clearly had a crush on her husband to be.

LOVE THIS CHAPTER, LET'S GIVE IT A VOTE AND COMMENT ❤️