CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

I walked down the halls towards the throne room. I assigned to clean the throne room today. Walking with my cleaning tools, I got to the throne room only to see Samuel and Delilah. Delilah's hand were around Samuel's shoulder.

My heart.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was both shocked and jealous.

Just a little effort and they would be kissing. I turned around immediately.

I don't want to see that.

Unintentionally, tears formed in my eyes but I shut them tightly. I guess they noticed me because I heard footsteps walking towards the exit door where I stood.

I opened my eyes and slowly turned to them. They were holding hands and walking up to me. I was so jealous, I was fighting tears from running down my cheeks.

I couldn't anymore when Samuel and Delilah walked past me like I didn't exist.

At least if Delilah wouldn't acknowledge me, Samuel should have acknowledged me but he didn't. He didn't even glance at me. He didn't look my way as he walked out of the throne room holding her.

Tears flowed down my cheeks slowly, I fought them in.

Why was I hurting so much? Was this how jealousy felt?

I slowly but sadly cleaned and swept the throne room. I finished cleaning in the evening. After putting away my cleaning tools, I went to Oliver's room. She was sitting by the mirror with a book.

She looked up to me when I walked in. When she saw the expression on my face, she turned to me and stood up.

"You have been crying" she stated as she walked up to me.

I sniffed sadly and the tears I fought back started rolling down all over again. She immediately enveloped me in a hug.

"You are really hurting" she said and I nod still hugging her.

"I was the one that told him to move on, why am I hurting so bad?" I asked her sniffing.

"You were only lying to everyone and yourself that you didn't like him. Now that he is with another, you realize how much you liked him" Oliver said.

I buried my head on her shoulders.

"You will be fine okay" she say.

"He pretended like he didn't see me today" I cried and she hugged me even tighter.

SAMUEL'S POV
I was in the throne room with my guard, we were looking for my missing royal chain when Delilah walked into the throne room. I wondered what she was doing here.

"Prince Samuel" she curtsied before walking up to me.

"Princess Delilah" I greeted back uninterested.

"I have been looking for you" she said standing in front of me.

Why?

"I hope there is no problem?" I ask

"Not really. I haven't gotten used to everywhere in the castle. I was wondering if you could take me around?" She ask placing her hand around my neck. I was about shoving her aside when I noticed Amelia walking into the room, I played along immediately.

I hope she gets jealous.

"That is fine. Let's go" I said and took her hand in mine as we walked to the exit where Amelia stood.

Amelia turned to look at us, I didn't spare her a glance but I didn't notice the sadness on her face. I fought with myself from leaving Delilah and walking to her.

She told me to get over her, I am going to show her that I was doing just that.

We walked out from the throne room.

"I will have a maid show you around" I said when we walked a distance from the throne room.

"But I thought you said......" She was about reminding me when I cut her off.

"I know what I said. I just remembered something to take care of. So I will inform a maid to show you around" I said and with that I bowed slightly and walked away.

I went back to the throne room but didn't enter. I stood by the door watching Amelia, who was sadly doing her chore.

I knew I was the one who made her sad. I wanted to hit myself hard for doing this to her.

But I thought she said she didn't like me. So why was she sad?

Ofcourse she was lying. She actually likes me but why couldn't she admit it.

She was scared of my father.

I sighed before leaving my hiding spot.

AMELIA'S POV
I slept in Oliver's bedroom, I had cried myself to sleep. Oliver was beside me consoling me. When I woke up, she was sitting at the side of the room, there was a tray containing a cup of coffee by the bedside table.

"Is this for me?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"Yes" she nodded with a smile, she stood up and walked to the bedside and sat down "how do you feel?" She ask.

I smiled kinda feeling better.

"Well it is good to know that you are not sad anymore" she said returning my smile. There was a knock at the door and the door opened immediately without Oliver ordering the person in.

"Audrey" Oliver called shocked at her bursting into the room. Audrey walked up to us and sat on the bed.

"Your handmaid?" Audrey asked surprised at our position.

It literally felt like I was the princess while Oliver was the maid. Because I sat on the bed with my lower body covered in duvet while Oliver sat at the edge of bed.

"Isn't this too casual?" She asked giving Oliver a look.

"You shouldn't have barged into my room. And Amelia isn't just my handmaid, she is also my friend" Oliver defend.

Audrey eyed me and I stood up from the bed embarrassed, I bowed before leaving the room. Oliver wanted to stop me but I was already out of the room.

I went to the maids bathroom, unfortunately I was the only one who hadn't taken a bath among the maids so I was the only one that took a bath by myself.