CHAPTER THIRTEEN

AMELIA'S POV
I walked up to Oliver who stood beside her brother. I noticed prince Samuel's gaze on me, I decided I wasn't going to feel embarrassed today. I was going to feel intimidated by our rude meeting before.

I stood in front of them. Prince Samuel smiled widely at me.

"Amelia. You know for a moment I thought you were one of the guests. It was your dress that made you stand out" he complimented.

"Thank you prince Samuel" I thanked him as I smile. I was feeling a bit shy at his intense gaze on me. Oliver didn't even say a word, she just stood looking at the couples on the dance floor.

"You don't have a partner, do you?" He asked. I wondered why they were all fond of asking weird questions. Questions that threw someone off balance and make them shy.

"For Christ's sake, if you want to dance with her, why not just go straight to the point" Oliver complained turning to her brother.

Samuel smiled widely. I stared at Oliver.

Was she serious? Why will she encourage a dance with her brother, the prince?

"Will you please dance with me?" Samuel finally spoke up, Oliver turned to me as she cut a eye smiling.

I shook my head.

"C'mon Amelia. Quit being so uptight and scared" Oliver encouraged me "it's just a dance. By the way, no one would notice you are the one" she convinced me.

"Just one dance" I succumbed.

"One dance" Samuel repeated as he held my stretched out hand. We walked to the dance floor holding hands. Everyone clapped as we made our way to the center of the dance floor. I wondered why they were clapping, no one really noticed me. The king and queen were beaming obviously they didn't recognize me either.

Samuel let his hand slide round my waist and I held him round his neck. It was an awkward position for me, I felt really embarrassed. Was I seriously dancing with the prince?

We danced slowly to the beats, he held my hands and allowing me twirl when necessary

Everyone stared at us wondering who I was. Some maids stared at me with jealousy. I would be jealous of myself too if I was in this position too.

He leaned in closer and I cringed. Why was he making this look more romantic and intimate?

"You do notice that your actions is creating stares?" I asked rather irritated still dancing. I would have stopped but I didn't want to be rude.

"I do" he replied "I like the attention" he said smiling, I felt even more irritated.

"I don't like being the center of attraction" I say.

"You are shy?" He asked smiling.

"No. I am uncomfortable" I said.

"Uncomfortable? You are dancing with me. A prince" he said feeling proud.

"I accepted this dance because of Oliver and not because you are a prince, I don't care less, don't make me regret it" I said sounding a bit rude and irritated.

He looked surprised at me. I was also surprised at my audacity and outspokenness "you sound a bit rude for a handmaid" he said.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude" I apologized politely.

"You are different. Other ladies would be so happy about this opportunity to dance with me. They would flip at the opportunity. You look like you want to end this dance anytime soon" He said.

"I am not other ladies" I stated.

"I noticed. You aren't. You are different. That is why I'd like to get to know you" he said.

"I just a handmaid" I said.

"I know that already. I want to know you more" he said.

"I don't think there is any need for that. You will be seeing less of me so it is not necessary to get to know me" I said.

"You have some guts girl" Samuel said chuckling ".....so bold" he praised smiling and I unintentionally smiled back "beautiful smile" he complimented and I found myself being shy.

"Thank you" I said.

"You are welcome" he said. The music finally came to an end, I bowed as it was necessary to bow after a dance.

"Thank you for the dance" I thanked.

"I had a swell time. I hope I'd get to know you better" he said.

"I hope so too" I said and we both chuckled as we both walked back to Oliver who stood with Albert, Audrey, Arthur and Elie.

Audrey and Arthur entangled hands like couples, they were talking.

"Thank you for letting me borrow prince Albert" I heard Audrey thank her sister.

"I look forward to your birthday party, prince Albert" Arthur said caressing Audrey's hand romantically. He really liked her, sad she didn't like him back.

"What birthday party?" Samuel asked when we stood with them.

"Albert's birthday party. He invited us" Oliver said.

"That is nice. We have another party" Samuel said excited, I just stood behind Oliver staring at him.

Samuel was cool, I just felt he was a little childish sometimes, he was always joking around, I didn't like that. I don't like him for that reason, but he is handsome, that is a fact, he was even more handsome than Arthur and Albert. I guess he was behaving more childish because he spent most of his life in the queen's land while Albert and Audrey were here training on how to be a good king.

"It is a night party" Albert said.

"We will be there" Audrey said smiling.

"Congratulations on your engagement" Albert congratulated Arthur smiling.

"Thanks" Arthur said.

"Yeah congratulations on your engagement" Samuel said.

"Thank you Sammy. Welcome back from the queen's land. I know you got to meet blondes, I heard they have the most beautiful women" Arthur said and I wondered why he will say that in front of Audrey, was he cheat? Chasing everything in skirts?

"Well, there are beautiful women there but not as beautiful as our women" Samuel replied.

"You should change. You are engaged now" Albert advices.

Audrey had a fake smile on, she dropped her hand from holding Arthur, she had a hurt and angry expression on. This discussion will only annoy her further.

"I am engaged doesn't mean I shouldn't admire a beauty when I see one" Arthur said.

Samuel was about to say something when Oliver interrupted.

"Audrey you must be tired....... let's get some rest" she said and I was grateful she did.

She moved to Audrey, who didn't want to move an inch, she held her hand and pulled her towards the exit.

I and Elie followed behind immediately.

"You shouldn't have said that in front of her" I heard Albert scold Arthur.

"Did I say something wrong?" Arthur ask.

LIKE THIS CHAPTER, LET'S GIVE IT A VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS ❤️ THANK YOU