CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

The next day, I was in Oliver's room, she had taken her bath and breakfast and was just laying on the bed with a novel in her hand while I was sweeping the room. A knock suddenly came at the door. When Oliver ordered the person in, one of the guards walked in a bowed.

"Prince Albert is here" he announced.

"I'll be down in a minute" Oliver said before he left. She jumped down from the bed and adjusted her gown.

"Let's go Amelia" she said and I dropped the broom by the side of the room and followed her obediently.

We walked downstairs and straight the garden. Albert sat on one of the swings waiting for Oliver.

When we walked up to him, he smiled looking at me.

Smiling at me?

I was surprised at this. Why would he smile at me? Shouldn't that smile be directed to Oliver?

"Prince Albert" Oliver curtsied.

He turned to look at hera before nodding at her greeting, she sat beside him and I went behind her, a few metres away so that they could talk.

Though I was hearing them.

"I am glad you could come out to see me" Oliver said kinda nervous.

"Hmm...." He gave as a reply.

That was rude.

I sighted Maisie clearing the grass from afar, I decided to excuse myself. Oliver granted the excuse and I left.

OLIVER'S POV

"Isn't she your handmaid?" Albert asked when Amelia walked away.

"She is" I replied turning to face him.

"Amelia right?" He asked with tenderness as he looked at Amelia at the opposite side of the garden.

"Yes" I reply sarcastically.

Why was he asking about my maid?

"Wasn't she the one that got burnt the other day?" He asked.

I smile politely before asking "is something wrong prince Albert?"

He smile broadly before saying "I am just interested in her"

This statement came as a shock to me. I wasn't expecting him to say that.

"You are interested in her? Why?" I found myself asking.

"There is something about her that is pulling me towards her. Something unique" he said.

I turned to look at Amelia who stood opposite us in the garden with one of the maids. They were clearing the grasses in the garden.

Was she the reason why he was here?

He was here to see Amelia and not me.

"Is she the reason why you are here, prince Albert?" I ask but he didn't respond instead he shoved the topic aside.

"How are you preparing for your sister's wedding?" He asked.

Though I felt hurt but I played along.

"Planning a wedding isn't easy. I got to realize that in this few days" I reply and turned to him again.

He smiled "you are partially ready for ours then?" He ask.

"Well....." I thought for a while. Am I ready to get married to the prince of Avra? ".....I won't say I am" I reply.

"Planning a wedding is challenging" he agreed.

I turned to look at Amelia, they were still clearing the grass.

"I just hope we will be ready for ours" he said.

"You are not ready?" I ask turning to look at him. This time he turned to look at me.

"I am. But I don't want to rush you. I want you to be ready too" he say.

Ok now. I am confused.

I thought few minutes ago, he was asking about me my maid. Now he is caring about me.

Why was he complicating things?

Few minutes ago, someone would have thought he likes Amelia. Now, that same someone would think he likes me too.

"I don't want you to do what you are not ready for" he added.

"The wedding ceremony is in two days" I told him, incase he didn't know.

He nod before getting up from the swing "then I will see you tomorrow" he said.

"Tomorrow?" I ask.

Why would he be coming tomorrow?

"Avra is far and tomorrow night is bachelor's eve" he reminded me and I nod realizing why he would be coming tomorrow.

"But you are here now. How did you get here so quick?" I ask.

"I was in town, there was something I had to take care of. I just thought of dropping by" he said and I nod.

"See you tomorrow prince Albert" I say before we walked to the horse stable, where his horse was with his two guards.

Albert got on the back of the horse "see you soon princess Oliver" he said before riding off with his guards.

I walked back to the garden. Amelia was waiting patiently for me, she was alone. Her friend wasn't with her.

I walked to my bedroom. I didn't say a word to Amelia. I just lay on the bed and looked at the ceiling. Amelia continued her sweeping, we didn't say a word to each other.

Could it be that prince Albert was also interested in Amelia just like Samuel?

AMELIA'S POV
After cleaning Oliver's bedroom, I noticed she had fallen asleep. I took my cleaning tools and walked out from the room. I walked through the hallway until I got to the back of the house.

After dropping the cleaning tools, I went to the maids quarters to catch up with Maisie and Grace. It was mid evening already, so I guessed they must have finished working.

I entered the room and saw them sitting on the bed chatting and laughing.

I stood in front of them.

"Amelia" Maisie acknowledged my presence with a smile.

"Guess what?" Grace suddenly asked excitedly.

"Please tell me. You know I am not good at guesses" I say.

"Well Maisie is linked up" she announced. Maisie covered her face shyly.

"Linked up?" I ask confused. I wasn't getting what she said.

"She is seeing someone" Grace said. I covered my mouth dramatically surprised.

"Seriously?" I ask.

This was great news. At least my conscience wouldn't judge me anymore.

My conscience judged me sometimes when I told them of the time I spent with Samuel, especially Maisie who had a crush on him.

That is if she was crushing anymore.

"The king's guard is courting our darling Maisie" Grace said and Maisie blushed.

GET READY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.