CHAPTER FIFTEEN

SAMUEL'S POV
I was surprised when Amelia walked out on me. Why was she so upset? I just wanted to be friends with her. Who made those stupid rules that friendship can't exist between a maid and a prince or the royal family.

I turned the opposite way of where Amelia went, maids kept staring at me but I didn't care.

I walked back towards my room and was about to enter the room when I saw father approaching me. I knew he wanted to discuss with me and this discussion will be important since he came to me instead of sending for me.

"Father" I called as I walked up to him. We stood half-way. He smiled at me.

"Son" he responded.

"Is there a problem father?" I ask.

"No. I just thought we could talk" he said and I nodded.

"Let's talk in my room" I offered and he nod. We both walked into the room and sat on the bed.

"I wanted to talk to you since Audrey's engagement party" He started.

"About?" I ask calmly.

"Getting a wife" He said.

"Getting a wife? Now?" I ask a bit surprised. I hope he wasn't planning to arrange a woman for me.

"Yes. Most young men your age are already betrothed or married. I think it is time" He said.

"Well father I am not ready" I refused.

"You would be, take Audrey for example" He said.

"Father I want to get married to someone I love" I said.

"You will eventually learn to love your bride. By the way, who was your partner on the dance floor at Audrey's engagement party?" He asked.

I panicked "a friend" I reply.

"Uhmm....a friend? A princess?" He asked.

"Well no..." I reply.

"A duchess?" He asked.

"Father, she is a friend" I said.

"You should invite her to the castle" He said.

"I don't think that will be a good idea father" I said.

"Well...." He stood up "...you have a lunch arrangement with the daughter of King Luke" he told me.

"Lunch arrangements?" I stood up "I don't remember agreeing to a lunch arrangement" I retorted.

"You will love her" he said smiling.

"Father I don't want this, I don't think you are listening to me" I say.

"Don't make this any difficult for both of us, Samuel" He said with seriousness on his face.

"I won't honor that invitation father, I am sorry" I said politely.

"Samuel you won't challenge me" he said seriously with anger.

"I am not challenging you father. I am only refusing to have lunch with a princess you arranged for me" I said stubbornly.

"I am doing this for you. For your own good. For your future" He said getting angry.

"No father. You are doing this for yourself" I said stubborn and getting annoyed at his persistence.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You have never cared about any of us so don't claim to be doing this for me or any of us" I said.

"Watch your tongue young man" he warned "I am doing this for your benefits" he said.

I laughed "my benefit? Have you ever asked if this is what I want? Have you ever seek my opinion?" I ask "no you haven't" I reply my questions.

"I sent you to the queen's land for your benefit" he said.

I turned around and face palm myself before staring at him "did you ever ask me if I wanted to go there? You just came up one morning and sent me away. You didn't care about me. You never called or came to visit. You just threw me away like I was a piece of garbage. You don't care about anyone but yourself. You are so selfish" I yell angrily at him and the next thing that happened was a slap across my cheek.

"You will not.......I repeat you will not.....ever speak to me in that tone or that way ever again. I am your father and whatever I did for you, whatever I am doing for you, is for your benefit. You will marry who I ask you to marry, do what I ask you to do and stick to my rules and terms. I am not only your father, I am your king" He said before walking away from my room angrily.

I yelled loudly in frustration and anger. Right now, I didn't know what to say. Anger flowed in my veins. Who was he to order me around and give me rules?

He was so selfish. He never actually cared for me. He was always about himself. Right from when I was a child, he never paid me any attention, he never cared about my needs. He was always about molding me into a great future king.

I lay on my bed angrily but changed my mind and decided to get some air. I walked out from my bedroom and went straight to the garden.

AMELIA'S POV
After preparing Oliver for bed, I walked out from her room and sighed. I walked back to the room I shared with Maisie and Rose but changed my mind halfway and instead went to the garden.

I wanted to clear my head and relieve myself of the stress. While I walked to the garden, my mind drifted to my family. I couldn't help but wonder if Mother was fine now. I kept wondering if she was still sick. I thought about father.

I miss home.

On my way to the garden, I heard sobs coming from the garden. It was a male sobbing. I wondered who and why was the person crying. As I approach the garden, I noticed someone sitting on the swing with his head bent.

Walking up to the person, I noticed it was prince Samuel, why was he crying?

I kept quiet and sat on the next swing.

He knew I was there but refused to acknowledge me until after sometime. Slowly, he raised his hand up. He brought out a handkerchief from his side pocket.

"Are you okay?" I finally spoke calmly after he wiped his face.

"I am fine. Now go" he ordered sternly.

"You don't look fine to me" I said.

He stood up "I said I am fine. You can go" he ordered.

"I am sorry I shouted at you earlier. That was really rude of me" I said.

"I am not upset. I was the one that chased after you. Now can you leave?" He asked.

"Your mouth says something but your body says the complete opposite" I said and he sat down sighing "I am a good listener" I told him smiling.

"You wouldn't give up, would you?" He asked.

"Welllll.....llll.....no" I said and he chuckled.

"You are one stubborn lady" he said