two

Authors pov

In the room, a large projector displayed a picture on the wall.

A man of middle age, while drinking alcohol, addressed a 30-year-old man standing beside him.

"Ranvijay, we need to take down this 'ig'in two moves," he said while scolding him.

"But, Randhir sir, what threat does this woman pose? She seems weak," a man standing nearby asked.

Randhir pointed his finger towards the projector and said, "This is no ordinary woman. She's the Inspector General of Lucknow City, and unfortunately, her information sources are so strong that she already knows about our plan. I won't let my plan be ruined because of her. You need to control her," he said angrily, taking a sip of his drink.

"What should we do, baba?" Ranvijay asked.

"Do whatever it takes to ensure she doesn't interfere with our plan. The destruction of Lucknow City is my dream, and I won't rest until I've ruined that city and make the government bow down to me," he replied.

"But chief, why do you want to destroy Lucknow?" Taha asked while looking at the projected photo.

"You know, Taha, I used to be a RAW agent, and I loved my country. But I loved my wife more than my country. I enjoyed my job, but during a mission in Cuba, I was captured and endured months of torture in hell. I remained calm because I hadn't betrayed my country, nor had I revealed a crucial secret," he said, pouring himself another drink.

"But when I escaped, I discovered that the people of the my country I suffered for had..." He paused, "Well, my son and I have a purpose now – to destroy Lucknow and the Indian government. And because I owe you a debt, you will assist Ranvijay in this mission without question, understood?" he said firmly.

"Yes, chief," Taha nodded.

"We need to find the weak link in daneen Malik so that she stay out of our way," Ranvijay said.

"And in the world, there's no greater weakness than family," Randhir smirked.

"Yes, chief, we'll gather information about their entire family today, and we'll make the one closest to her our pawn," Taha said, looking towards Ranvijay.

****
2 days later

India is my father's country, and Lucknow is my father's city. Even though I live far away from this place, I have learned that no matter where you are in the world, your country always lives within you. Rubab thought in her mind.

Golden childhood memories...

No, Rubab, don't cry, or else Mamu will bring you back from the airport. She waved her hand, considering herself.

"Rubab..". as soon as she exited the airport, Rubab heard a voice in her ear, and when she turned right, it was as if she couldn't believe her eyes.

On the right, she was standing with some officers, and on the officer's placard, her name "Rubab" was written in bold red letters.

"Phupho"... Rubab ran to her without wasting time and hugged her tightly.

Daneen enveloped her in her arms, kissing her cheeks several times on her cheeks, just like baby.

"Auntie, how are you?" She asked, looking into her eyes.

Tears filled Daneen's eyes, and Rubab's too.

"Alright, don't cry now, okay?" Rubab asked, wiping her tears.

"Yes, my dear... "Daneen said, wiping Rubab's tears.