fourty five

Rubab's POV

The past week was full of unfolding past; I still can't believe Taha and Taniya Aapi are my cousins.

And as planned, Mamu rukhsat me , like the dream wedding I always dreamed about.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him in a black Lucknowi kurta and pathani salwar with a stole around his neck.

Our journey from Istanbul to Izmir was so tiring because of these heavy heels and attire full of stones and jari handwork.

Its sharp extract is troubling my skin badly. Why do only women have to endure all this to look like a perfect bride? On the other hand, men only wash their face and wear good clothes.

Sighing in frustration, my gaze fell on my husband, who seemed sad while driving.

Yeah, only the two of us are in this limo.

Mamu wants to gift it too, but Taha refused, and so did I because I respect his decision. I don't want him to feel like a low life against this luxury.

His mood—I know he is sad because Shoaib Bhai just came 15 minutes before the nikah.

Taha doesn't know, but I know he was busy with Shreya.

I really feel bad for Taniya Aapi, but I can't help it. And as an elder brother, Taha is worried about Taniya Aapi's happiness because Dishaan Bhai already told him about Shreya.

I wish Bhai would divorce her if he can't be loyal to her because no woman wants her man being shared.

She is pretty; any man will go on his knees for her. Yeah, it's a different thing; no one dares to because of Taha and Baba Jaan.

I pray either Bhai divorces her and chooses Shreya or accepts her with all his heart. There is no in-between because she deserves to be loved wholeheartedly.

Around 12 at night, we reached the house Mamu gifted us. Servants were already present there for our welcome.

I was sitting in the center of the bed with my face covered in a veil.

It all feels like a dream...

Taha came after 10 minutes and sat on the bed.

He removed my veil and passed a black box.

"Aapki muh dikhayi jaana," he said.

He is giving me muh dikhayi after having me two times.

I laugh in my mind and open it.

I immediately wore that platinum band on my ring finger.

But my smile vanished upon hearing his words.

"Jaana, I am sorry, I only have some pennies," he uttered, disappointment dripping from his words.

But I pretend to be unbothered.

After some more exchange of words, I hurriedly stood up and walked towards the mirror.

I don't want to ruin my first night because of his financial insecurity.

The way he touched me in front of the mirror made me see our reflection.

That pain as well as pleasurable hickey.

It's looking adorable on my porcelain skin.

I never adore myself, but every time his actions make me adore my existence.

I saw the darkness in his eyes after seeing my spilling out globe; I know his obsession with my globe.

His darkened eyes make my stomach crunch.