thirty five

Author's pov

In the darkness of the basement, a tall, hooded man ruthlessly strikes another person with an iron rod.

The pained groans of the man echo in the silence.

With his feet dangling, the man was being mercilessly beaten, and every part of his body was oozing blood. He was in excruciating pain.

Just then, footsteps were heard in the room.

Abraham, seething with anger, approached the dangling figure and, grabbing his hair painfully, turned his head towards his face.

"You thought you could forcefully marry my innocent niece and play with her innocence, and I would accept you just because you're her forced husband? "Abraham said through gritted teeth.

"You're misunderstanding, Baba. Rubab also likes Taha" Shahram replied, approaching them and freeing Taha's hair from Abraham's tight grip.

Shahram followed Abraham seeing his anger

"Shahram, get out!" Abraham seethed in anger.

"Baba, you've become blind in anger. Do you even realize Rubab's condition?" He asked angrily.

Hearing about Rubab, sudden worry clouded Taha's mind amidst unbearable pain; he worried about Rubab.

"Rub...ba..." Taha stammer in his daze.

Abraham twisted his hair painfully and punched him hard in the face.

"Don't you dare try to take her name with your bloody mouth," Abraham seethed angrily.

"Baba..." Shahram shouted.

Abraham showed him his palm, making him stop in his tracks.

Sighing deeply in helplessness, Shahram left angrily, hitting the door with full force.

***

"Please, Allah, save my daughter," Sunidhi cried in prostration. Waterfalls of tears flowed from her eyes, dampening her prayer mat.

"Please, Allah, what answer will I give to Rabial Aapi on the Day of Judgment?" she cried even more.

Throughout, her head remained bowed in prostration.

"Please, bring health to my Rubab, bring her back to consciousness, my Lord," she cried uncontrollably, with hiccups.

"I will accept Taha as her husband. I will explain to Abraham that you ordained them for each other," she spoke like a child.

"Please, don't test me like this, Ya rab. Her unconscious body is stopping my heartbeat," she cried even more.

She was too engrossed in her prostration, pouring her heart out to Allah, and didn't notice Shahram's presence.

But Shahram's heart sank seeing his mother so broken.

Thinking deeply, he left the room, wiping his tears.

Sunidhi gets up from sujood, wipes her tears, and walks towards Rubab. She blows on her face and kisses her forehead and hands lovingly, trying to control her tears.

"Please meri jaan, is tarah na sataye mujhe," she says emotionally.

"Kya us mard ki kuch din ki mohabbat mere itne saalon ki mohabbat pe bhaari pad gyi, jo mujhe meri siskiya sunkar bhi mujh par taras nahi khaa rahi hai?" she asks, crying.

"Please Rubab mumani ko is tarah azeyat mein mat mubtala karo," she pleads, kissing her knuckles.

"Aapko aapki mama Baba ka wasta, meri gudiya, ankhein kholain. Please, aapki," she cries even more.

"Please, Rabial aapi ke liye apne maazi ko khud par haavi na hone de," she says, caressing her cheek.

"Please, mera bachha Shahmeer Bhai ke liye uth Jaye. Wo naraz honge aapse bahut, apki ye halat dekh kar," Sunidhi cages her tiny frame in her arms, puts her head on her chest, and caresses her back.

"Main shikayat karungi Rabial Malik se aapki, ki aap mujhe kitna tang kar rahi ho," she says, pushing her head more onto her chest.

But her words affect Rubab's unconscious frame, and Sunidhi feels her hand fisting her dress and warm harsh breath fanning on her chest

She immediately looks towards Rubab, and happy tears fall from her eyes.

Her eyes are half open, and she is taking deep exhales, looking at Sunidhi...

"Mama, please don't leave me," she says, crying, fisting her dress.

Sunidhi's heart bleeds hearing this.

"Rubab misses you, mama," she says, with half-open eyes.

Sunidhi presses her to her chest and sobs uncontrollably.

"Meri jaan, everything will be alright. You are a strong girl, right?" she says, and Rubab nods with welled-up eyes.

After some time she asked still pressed to sunidhi's chest

"Mumani Taha also to leave me like Mama Baba?" she asks, making Sunidhi's heart bleed.

"Did mamu really kill him? "She asked taking harsh breath

Sunidhi can't risk her health as even  she doesn't know what Abraham did with taha

Just then a knock on the door turn their attention towards the door

Rubab being so weak that she is struggling with speaking and body moving

Sunidhi kisses her forehead and makes her sit on with the help of the headboard and walk towards door

Seeing Taniya and Shoaib with daneen along with that old man she give them space to come in

Assalamualaikum... Taniya greet

Walaikum assalam sunidhi replied in her throaty tone

Assalamualaikum sunidhi greet baba Jaan

Walaikum assalam.... hamari Bahu kaisi hai he asked turning everyone's attention towards rubab

Seeing rubab's condition tears welled up in Taniya's eye.

Bhabhi....she wishper controlling her tears

She walked to her sitting frame and cage her body in a hug pressing her head on her tummy..

Rubab become too weak to even reciprocate the hug..

Bhabhi....ye kya haal kar liya hai khud ka aapne? She asked still caging her to herself

Shoaib is blank all the time because he is blaming Abraham for everything.

But that brotherhood in him making his eyes welled up seeing his little sister's condition

Afshaan told him about rubab's condition in call but that time Taniya and baba jaan needs him more

Baba jaan walks towards her  with slow limping steps, Taniya free her from hug and Baba Jaan put his hands on rubab's head and said lovingly

" Allah sehat de, hamare yahan ki Bahu ko itna kamzor dil hona zeb nhi deta " he said

She smiles lightly hearing the "Bahu"word

And roamed her eyes in the room to see any glimpse of him but not finding him she asked

"Aapi...taha....?" She asked not find him with them

Making everyone's heart Stop

**********

I wrote this chapter in hurry because I want to complete this before Ramadan,

Pardon for mistakes and keep supporting
🥺

Feel free to tell me my mistakes so I will improve it.