nine

Rubab's pov

More tears fell from my eyes as soon as the imam announced us lawfully wedded husband and wife.

In just 24 hours, my life turned upside down.

Why the hell did he marry me? My inner pain is too much that my mind gives up thinking further. I feel numb. Never in my 17 years of existence did I imagine that my marriage would be my biggest nightmare.

How could I be supposed to spend my whole life with a total stranger by saying just two words? "Qubool hai?"

Allah, please give me sabr and send my uncle as soon as possible to save me from this monster whom I misunderstood as a savior.

I was too numb to realize when we both reached his room.

How could Allah? I wanted to be the happiest bride, wear all the luxury things on my wedding. Isn't it my destiny to marry someone I like? Why, Allah? More tears fall from my eyes.

Why, Allah? Why, instead of marrying someone I like or having a luxurious wedding, am I bound to an unwanted man with just a shawl and pool of tears and pain in me? Why is my destiny so cruel to me?

My chain of thoughts and complaints broke upon hearing the sound of the Azaan.

Wiping my tears off, I went to the bathroom and made wudu to perform Salah.

I came out of the bathroom and covered my head with the same shawl the imam gave me, then started to search for something I could use as a prayer mat.

"There..." his voice made me turn my face towards him.

"There is the prayer mat. I've never used it before; I don't know if it's clean or not," he pointed towards a small cupboard-like thing covered with curtains.

I nodded and went to that small cupboard. Sliding the curtain, I saw the Quran, prayer mat, tasbeeh, and other prayer essentials, everything neat and clean.

I immediately picked up the mat and spread it in the corner for namaz. I cried my heart out and asked for repentance for my complaints.

There is khayr in everything; Allah will help me. I wiped my tears, got up from there, folded the mat, and put it in the same place I picked it up.

I am feeling really sleepy, so I walked towards the bed and about to sleep when I saw his giant figure sleeping peacefully like nothing happened between us.

I took a deep breath, scanned the whole room for something suitable to sleep, but sighed in defeat and hesitantly slept on the bed, trying to be very far from his reach, and soon sleep consumed me.

Taha's POV

I was not asleep when she lay on the bed.

How could I sleep, man? Like seriously, I got married today to the girl I feel something for.

I am not regretting my decision because I know I can give her a thousand times better life compared to her inspector general aunt.

I may have said awful words to her in my rage, but I was angry, that's it.

I watch her all the time while she is praying. What does she get by praying so much? See, her Allah didn't even save her from being married to me.

I opened my eyes when I was sure that she is in a deep slumber.

Opening my eyes, my sight met with her back.

I know she is a sleepyhead, so I forward my hand and pull her towards me.

Her back pressed against my front. I am not doing it for the first time. I remember the very first day I slept this close to her without her acknowledgment.

My fingers are itching to touch her, so I pushed her hair aside and put my chin on her shoulder blade.

I still can't believe she is my wife now.

But not only Daneen Malik, but now Randhir Khurana is also my enemy because I beat his son up to death and broke the deal.

And Daneen Malik will definitely try to create hurdles in my way.

I take a deep breath and press my lips on her slender, white, creamy neck.

I want to suck her neck, but I don't want to wake her up or seem like a creep touching her in sleep.

I never touched any women against their will. Women throw themselves on me.

But she is not a woman, not yet.

Being this close to her, my desire twitches, but I have to control myself.

I don't want her to get me wrong, so I lightly kiss her neck again and wrap my arms around her waist to pull her more to me.

Unwantedly, my fingertips meet with her bare lower abdomen.

Maybe due to my oversized pants, it slid down from her belly to the lower abdomen.

Soon, my baby will be there in her little tummy, and when my baby comes, not even Daneen Malik would separate me from her.

I will impregnate her, so she will never leave me.

I blush thinking that. What the hell was I thinking? She is just naive. I have been with countless women but never spread my seeds, not even in my drunken state, because I don't want to bring another bastard into this world nor i want my child to be a dirt if one night stand.

But with Rubab, why am I planning for a baby just after a few hours of Nikah? No, you can't think like that, Taha. She hates you, she will never love you, and you don't want to make a baby without love. I talk to myself and breathe hard.

Will she never love me?

Giving up on my thinking, I press her already pressed back to my front, and then soon fell into peaceful sleep.

I woke up to the sound of a knock on the door.

Opening my eyes, I was met with the most peaceful sight.

She slept like a toddler, clinging to me, her legs tangled with mine, and her head pressed against my chest.

Her rosy lips had turned into a cute pout.

God, she's such a tight sleeper.

I didn't want to leave her warmth, but hearing the knock again, I stepped down from the bed frustrated.

Opening the door, my eyes met with the last person I wanted to see.

"Khushamdeed. I just found out you're back," she excitedly asked, attempting to hug me, but I showed her my palm to stop her.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely. She was Faiza, a one-night stand.

I slept with her once, and she started behaving like we were in a relationship-a stupid woman.

"I just came to meet you," she said, looking hurt. I cared less.

Then her eyes fell on Rubab's sleeping figure, and she fumed in anger.

"I want a favor," I said out of nowhere.

She looked at me confused.

"Arrange some decent clothes for her and other woman essentials," I said, looking towards Rubab.

"Who is she?" she asked, almost enraged.

"Faiza, stop pretending that I am your lover. Just do what I said. I don't owe you any explanation," I said, frustrated.

She nodded and left immediately.

Coming back, I gently kissed her forehead.

"Wake up, habibti," I said, caressing her cheeks.

"Mumani, let me sleep," she said in a sleepy voice.

I chuckled at her innocence and decided to let her sleep,

And left for work..

*****""""