thirty three

Rubab's POV

I got ready after taking a bath.

Taha is checking all the arrangements, and Shoaib Bhai is helping him.

Meanwhile, Shahram and Afshaan are sitting with Baba jaan and discussing; I don't know what.

Entering Taniya aapi's room,

My sight caught her crying frame, which makes me hurt too.

"Aapi," I said, coming close to her sitting frame.

"Bhabhi," she immediately wrapped her hands around my waist and started crying more, putting her head on my tummy.

"Aapi," I call her, brushing her hair lovingly.

I know she is emotional because today she will leave her brother and Baba jaan.

But it's the rule of nature; we girls are meant to leave our home to blossom in our husbands' home.

"Stop crying, aapi," I soothe her.

"Please take care of bhai and Baba jaan," she pleads, still crying.

But my poor destiny, I can't promise her this because even I don't know what's in store in my fate, what will happen when Abraham mamu gets to know this.

"I wish mama baba were here," she cried, and some tears came to my eyes too because I also never got parents' love; for me, mamu mami are my parents.

"I wish they could see me in this bridal attire," she cried while clutching her maroon bridal dress.

"Calm down, aapi, they are seeing you from heaven," I said, grabbing her face between my hands and kissing her forehead while wiping her tears.

Her blue eyes turned red due to crying.

"Everything will be alright, aapi, I know Navruz will love you beyond your expectations," I said, kissing her cheeks, and she nodded, controlling her hiccups.

Allah, she is prettier than my husband even though their eyes and facial features are similar, but she is prettier than him.

This siren blue eyes suits more on her.

Calming her down, I start doing her makeup because about 10 o'clock, the imam will come to perform their nikah.

I dolled her up with beautiful jewelry and makeup.

Mashallah, she is looking like a hoor; may Allah make her naseeb prettier than her physical appearance.

Pecking her forehead lovingly, I made her sit on the sofa and started doing my own makeup.

Yeah, I already wear my black gharara before leaving my room.

Tucking the pakiza on my hair, I applied cherry red lipstick because nothing complements black more than red.

I put my dupatta on my head because my husband hates it when other men see my hair.

We both are about to take some selfies when a loud gunshot makes us tense.

Following the gunshots, screaming, and shouting of people are heard.

We both immediately run down the stairs, and my heart stops seeing the scene in front of my eyes.

Author's pov

Abraham's men are firing mercilessly.

Navruz's lifeless body is lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

Taniya, crying, rushed to his lifeless body, ignoring the firing and fighting.

But before she leaned down to his body, her gaze fell on Baba Jaan, burning in pain.

His shoulder and leg are injured due to the bullet.

She rushed to Baba Jaan and cried, "Baba Jaan..."

"Take him to the hospital immediately," Sharam shouts at Afshaan.

But before Afshaan, Shoaib came to Baba Jaan, held his injured body in his arms, and rushed towards the main.

Taniya also followed him in her bridal attire, crying.

"Baba, stop it!" Shahram's loud voice echoes in the room followed by his painful groan.

Shahram took the bullet aimed at Taha.

Taha looked at Shahram's injured shoulder and was about to go towards him, but Abraham pulled him towards him by grabbing his hair, making him groan in pain.

Abraham's soldiers' bullets already injured his hands and left leg.

"You bastard," Abraham shouted, throwing him on the floor mercilessly.

Taha's head bled as he was hit by the marble.

He is not fighting in his defence his eyes are fixed on navruz's lifeless body, his sister's happiness turns into sorrow because of him, because he once bound rubab into a forced marriage  and now see allah is punishing him by snatching his sister's lover.

Lots of blood started flowing from his head and other injuries.

He groaned in pain and tried to get up, clutching his head, but a brutal kick to his face made him fall with a thud.

"Taha..." Rubab's painful scream turned everyone's attention towards her.

And without saying another word, she fell on the floor with a thud, her Pakizah piercing her side head making her side head bleed.

****

In the hospital, Taniya is continuously crying.

Her wedding day turns into the death day of her lover.

Her baba Jaan is struggling for his life in the operating theater.

Shoaib's heart clenches seeing the happiness of this innocent girl being snatched on her wedding day.

Instead of crying on her rukhsati she is crying in hospital chair prying for her baba's well being

Her wedding day turns into a nightmare for her.

Happiness and prosperity turn into sorrow and misery with just a blink.

Seeing her miserable State crying in bridal attire shoaib makes a promise to himself that he will not leave this girl  alone to face the brutality of society he will give her his name and accept her .

*************

Feeling sorry for Taniya 🥺🥺