fourty seven

Taha's POV

"It's been a month since that oil incident.

Finally, I got a job as a civil laborer.

I know her luxury won't maintain being a civil laborer, but I don't have any option because these Turkish people are so choosy about this.

Mean Turkish speaking compulsory and updated documents, and the final thing is they only hire native people.

So I am thankful to Allah that at least I have a job, but my terrorist friends will laugh their ass off if they got to know what I am doing because I was the head there.

But I don't care; I will happily become a cleaner also if that money is useful for my pasandida aurat.

'Pasandida' is a small word; she is my whole world, to be honest.

Today is the 4th day of my work, and as a beginner, I made mistakes which caused my hands to burn badly while cutting the iron rod via a fire cutter.

Argh, I thought it was an easy thing to do, but it wasn't.

It's around 6 in the evening when my working hours end.

And according to the rule, they give us daily wages.

And when that contractor, gave me wages on my burned hand, which is in the worst condition because I didn't apply any cream to soothe it.

My heart feels heavy when that contractor gives me my wage.

200 liras on my torn and burned head feel like 2000 liras , and I realized how difficult it is to earn halal money.

With happiness and contentment in my heart, I reached home and bought some chocolates for her.

I know she doesn't like chocolate that much but i  loves to baby her.

She was sitting in the open balcony of our room lost in her thoughts.

So I prefer to take a good shower before meeting her as I don't want her to know what work I do.

After a good 20 minutes, I walked out of the bathroom and witnessed that she is looking at chocolate without any expression.

I think she didn't like this dark chocolate.

I clear my throat to get her attention; water droplets are falling from my wet locks, and I'm wearing a black t-shirt and black night pants.

There is a smile of self-esteem in me to see her hands wrap around those chocolates which I bought via hard work, not blood money.

She looks at me and smiles, but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

She must be tired, I thought because she resumed her final year a week ago.

Yeah, Sunidhi Mumani arranged everything here so she will continue her education, and I welcome her efforts. She literally treats her like her own daughter.

I also want her to complete her education and being able to face any phase of life because life is a bunch of unpredictable events.

She is bearing all expenses of her college as i am not able to....

And i know sunidhi mumani is spending good amount to give her alll comfort because s civil labour's wife will never travel in Limo and wear brands like Manish Malhotra.

"Thanks, Taha," she said, hugging me.

I smile and wrap my arms around her delicate waist and shoulders, putting my chin on her head.

"Let's eat dinner; I am hungry," I said lovingly, rubbing her back.

She pulls away from my embrace and looks into my eyes.

"Why are her eyes sad?

"Why are you sad, Jaana?" I asked, grabbing her face.

She immediately remove my hands from her face and ask, looking at my palms,

"What happened to your palms? Concern is dripping from your face."

"I got injured during work," I said, removing my hand immediately from her hold.

She frowns and takes both of my palms in her hands.

"Don't lie, Taha. This type of injury didn't happen at the office," she said, looking into my eyes.

"Yeah, I lied to her about my work.

Tears gather in her eyes seeing my hands.

I immediately grab her cheeks and wipe her tears.

"Meri jaan, what's the matter? It's just a wound," I said, rubbing her cheeks.

"Tell me the truth, Taha," she demands with crying eyes, and here I give up. I can't see tears in her eyes that too because of me.

"Biwi, I got injured during field work in the civil sector," I said, wiping her tears.

"Civil sector? Taha, don't tell me you are working as civil labor," she said, looking at my palm which is on her cheeks.

"Habibti, calm down," I said, but she takes my hands in her hands and starts showering kisses on my burnt and cut-up palms while crying and sobbing.

And her lips feels like ointments on my injury.

Although it's not a big deal, I've been injured countless times, and some scars are still present on my body.

"But her tears are hurting me.

"Taha, I don't want you to hurt yourself for me ," she said, pressing her lips on my injury.

"Habibti, try to understand, no one is giving me a job here without documents," I said, wiping her tears.

She leans on my palm and plants a kiss there while crying.

"Then arrange your documents anyhow," she said.

"I don't want to go there, Biwi," I said, wiping her tears. She is crying continuously.

"Taha, please, if you love me, you won't go back to that place to work," she said, looking into my eyes.

Taking a deep breath, I cup her face and say, pecking her lips,

"Meri jaan, I won't go, okay? Now stop crying," I said, kissing both of her eyes.

She nodded.

She makes me eat dinner with her own hands. I would have injured my hand earlier if I knew she would feed me with her hands.

After having dinner, she applied cream on my palm even after denying thousands of times.

She is treating me like a child.

She applied the cream while blowing, and I fake wince to get more care.

"Now, kiss me," I said, leaning towards her face.

She pecks my lips, stands up; I didn't insist  on a deep kiss because she already seems upset, and my wound makes her more upset.

We both are sleeping peacefully when she woke up at midnight,

And painfully screams, clutching her belly,

Making me worried as hell.

******

Enjoying or not?