fourty three

Taha's POV

It's been a month since that horrible fight between me and Dishaan Malik, and suddenly it feels like everything has changed. Abraham Ahmad is way too nice to me and Taniya, and the servants in this house are treating Taniya like a princess, especially the old servants. It's weird, but maybe she's now part of Dishaan Malik's family, that's why.

Argh... Dishaan Malik, I hate this man to the core. How could he peek into our bedroom and spread false rumors of me forcing my wife? Seriously?

But in this one month, lots of things have changed. Abraham Ahmad made me treat with the best doctors here, and he himself took care of my medicine. The kingly treatment they are providing me is too uncomfortable and indigestible.

For God's sake, I am a trained terrorist; this type of thing is too normal in my day-to-day life. But alas, you can't win with the Ahmad siblings. Right, Anam Ahmad? She is also treating me and Taniya like we are precious to her.

Come on, they are just compensating for the damage they did to Rubab, nothing else. Because she is precious to them, and Taniya and I are precious to her.

Now my body is completely healed. Abraham Ahmad wants us to remarry as he wants to celebrate Rubab's marriage grandly. I am okay with it because deep down, only the two of us know how we got nikahfied in the past. But surprisingly, he said he wants Taniya's wedding also grand because he ruined her wedding day.

But before this, he personally asked Taniya if she wants a divorce because she was bound with Shoaib unwillingly, but she denied, saying that it was her fate to get married like this.

Kaffarah is a real bitch. I got married to Rubab in the same way but under different circumstances, and now my sister is bound with Rubab's brother in the same way unwillingly, A bitter smile came on my lips.

I was sitting in Rubab's room when a servant came to me and informed me that Abraham had asked for my presence.

Rubab is busy with Taniya and other ladies for the wedding day preparations.

I headed towards the place where he was waiting for me by following the servant.

I entered and my eyes were shocked to see the portrait of Taniya on the wall, the same as the portrait of Rubab's mother, but why does she look so young in this portrait?

"Sit, Taha," I snapped out of my daze upon hearing Baba Jaan's voice.

"Yes," I said and walked towards the couch.

Abraham was sitting in a kingly chair, Baba Jaan was sitting on a sofa across from me, and that bastard Dishan was standing beside Abraham's chair; I just hate seeing his face.

Before I could say something, Taniya entered with Rubab, Anam, and Sunidhi.

"They must be discussing the grand wedding," I thought.

But Taniya's face turned shocked upon seeing the portrait in front of her.

"Wait, it's not her?"

Rubab sat beside me, followed by Taniya and Anam, meanwhile, Sunidhi sat on a single sofa beside Baba Jaan.

"Mamu, this portrait looks marvelous. Are you going to gift it to Taniya Aapi?" she asked excitedly.

He shook his head and took a deep breath.

"It's not Taniya's portrait, princess," he said, and curiosity took hold of me.

"Then who is she?" I asked immediately.

"Miraal Ahmed your mother "

My heart stopped upon hearing Baba Jaan's voice.

"My mother? How could she? And why the hell is her portrait standing on the White Castle's wall?"