Chapter 1. Hookup

"HANNI, I'VE HAD A LONG DAY AT WORK. DROP IT." Haerin yelled across the room, facing her wife, Hanni, who was sobbing as she stood in the kitchen.

"OH, AND YOU THINK MY LIFE IS SUCH A BED OF ROSES? IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK? WE'RE MARRIED, HAERIN. IS A LITTLE LOVE TOO MUCH TO ASK?" Hanni harshly replied, her voice shaking as her tears rolled down uncontrollably. Her breath is unsteady, her whole mind goes blank.

Everybody believes that marriage is something beautiful, something great that two people share. Well, not for them. Don't get me wrong, their love life was great at first; Shared kisses, long weekend dinners, quality time together but a relationship could only work out if two people are equally in love.

It has been a long day for both of them, for Hanni, a cuddling session with kisses and a lively dinner would be a great way for her to recharge and bring her love life with her partner back to life. On the other hand, Haerin would rather go straight to bed and rest till morning.

A small difference between them could result in a full-blown argument.

"You know what? Fuck it." Haerin said as her voice became raspy and low. She grabs her car keys and wallet and then walks out the door. "I'm not going to deal with this after such a day." She added as she looked back to where Hanni was, one last time.

Haerin slammed the door before she walked into her car. Hanni broke down crying as she realised how her marriage had become. At first, everything was going great, so what happened? They were high school sweethearts. She thought their personalities contrast each other well.

Haerin quickly drives off to a bar that she always goes to when she needs to release stress. Deep down, she knows that her heart does not need Hanni anymore, but she's too scared to bring up the topic of divorce for them. They have built everything up and it's just too much to even think that everything will collapse in a span of overnight.

With her mind being filled with thoughts, she didn't even realise it when she arrived at the bar. Slowly she parked it in the VIP lot and walked into the entrance. The guards recognised her right away, no need for any ID.

"A shot of vodka, please." She said to the bartender behind the stand, he quickly nodded and went straight to preparing her drinks.

"Long day?" He asked and Haerin nodded.

"Too many things all at once." The bartender placed down a shot of vodka in front of Haerin, she quickly takes the shot down easily.

——
DANIELLE's POV

"C'mon Danielle! One more drink!" Hyein handed me another glass of alcohol. I've already told her I'm not a drinker but everyone pressured me to do so. "Seriously, I can't anymore." I shook my head and pushed the glass away but instead, the others held down my arms and made me drink it.

After a couple few more shots, my mind is completely blank, I feel as if the world is spinning. I've told Hyein and Chaewon that I'll excuse myself from the party since the alcohol is making my head spin.

"Fuck." I whispered lowly as I stumbled down the stairs, the loud music and intense lights of the bar were not helping at all. I continued to stumble until I bumped into another figure, it felt as if my whole body was going to fall and collapse backward.

"I'm sorry." I heard a woman's voice, it sounded soft and filled with sorrow. "No, It's my fault for not looking. I'm sorry." I slightly bowed at whomever this is.

Suddenly, I felt my stomach turning, I used my hand to hold onto my mouth as I felt like throwing up. The alcohol is starting to kick in badly.

HAERIN's POV