Chapter 30. Hatred and Love

DANIELLE's POV

With a scissor in my hand, I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and got a handful of hair in my palm. I started to cut off inches away. As my hair got shorter, it also indicates a new beginning. Everything will be just a bad memory to me starting from now on.

"Woah! I love your haircut, miss Dani!" Wonyoung complimented with a surprised expression. "Thank you!" I respond as I shyly twirl my hair. I ended up cutting it too choppy so I had to go to a barber to get it trimmed and style.

It turns out pretty good. I've never tried a wolfcut before and I'm pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

"This hairstyle suits you a lot." Eunwoo smiled, handing me a can of coffee. I gladly took it and thanked him. I haven't been able to sleep well lately. I've been doing many things at once to keep myself busy even if it includes doing extra work.

Mom and dad has been on my ass lately as they keep trying to persuade me into moving back to Australia and live with them. I can't just put all my hard work down the drain! Plus, I wouldn't want to depend on them for the rest of my life.

I've also tried to quit working here but unfortunately the contract that I signed wouldn't let me.

"Oh Dani! Perfect! Could you please bring this up to the big boss? I have a meeting to go to and I trust you the most on this team. Nice haircut by the way!" Ms. Han handed me a stack of clipped paperwork and is already walking away fast paced. I couldn't even say no.

I sighed. There's nothing else I can do. I don't think Haerin had been coming to work anyway. I couldn't care less whether she's at work or not.

I hurriedly get into the elevator and hopefully get this task over with quickly. Why is her office so high up? This is such a hassle.

I rolled my eyes upon arriving at the highest floor. I was walking through the hallway to get to her office but suddenly I heard a voice causing me to hide behind the counter.

"She's adorable! It took us some time but we finally warmed up to each other."

"Yeah, she's a bit shy."

"You know, last night Luna crawled into bed with me which is a first. She gave me kisses and snuggled right into my arms. It was hard for me this morning cause I didn't want to stay away from her and she was sleeping so peacefully."

"She really is a beauty but she's also an attention girl. She'll hide in a corner and sulk if you don't give her enough attention so just be careful."

"Oh, don't worry! I shower her with love every chance I get!"

My blood seemingly boils as I took in this information. It hasn't been long since we broken up and she already has a new girl!? And let me tell you, the reason why we broke up in the first place is because she confessed she's been keeping me as her mistress this whole time! While she was having a whole wife of god knows how many years!

And to think that I was in love with such an asshole. Ughh. I'm so fucking pissed whenever I hear or see the mention of her, let alone having to go near this womaniser.

I placed my hand on my stomach. If only I could punch her in the face right now!

I walk towards them and shoved the pile of papers to Haerin. I could see that both assistant Lily and Haerin have a shock expression on their face. Fuck, I hate how she still look attractive.

I glanced at her before walking away without saying a single word. I could hear my loud footsteps echoing through the halls.

This is driving me nuts! I need to find a way to escape this or I'll lose it.

I hate that my heart is unable to hate her.

"Woah.. Dani it looks like your sunny day just turned into a gloomy stormy." Wonyoung mumble as I sat down in my station.

I was doing so well until now. Maybe moving in with mom and dad wouldn't be so horrible after all.

"Danielle, are you okay?" Eunwoo asked.
"I'm fine, I just wasn't feeling well but I'm better now."
"That's good to hear," He smiled, "If you ever need someone to leash out on, just so you know, I'm always available."
"Thanks," I looked at him and smiled.
"By the way, I got tickets to IU's show this weekend and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me. I can make reservations for us to get dinner afterwards too.. if you're interested of course."
"What!? IU!? Heck yeah! I would love to!"

How did he get tickets? I stayed up until three in the morning just for the stadium to be sold out once it got to me. The wait line just to buy tickets was so crazy I legit felt like I was in a war zone. I would never say no to any kind of concerts. I love concerts. Dad and I used to go to them all the time for our daddy-daughter dates.

I need some sort of distraction especially for the weekends so this'll be perfect.

——
NO ONE's POV

21:34
Hanni and Minji's home.

Loud thunder could be heard throughout the house, no matter where you are. Minji lays on her bed and scrolling through her phone without much thought. The only thing on her mind at the moment is how awesome her sleep will be while this storm is happening.

Opposite from Minji, Hanni lays in bed with her blanket wrapped around her tightly. She doesn't like the dark and loud thunder at that. In the pure darkness with loud booms of static is the worst nightmare she could ever imagine. All alone and dark.

She rolls around on the mattress, hoping to fall asleep but is unable to. With nothing left to lose, Hanni hugs her stuffed animal and carefully walk out of her room, where she was immediately immersed in pure darkness. She gulped, staying strong against her fear as she head towards Minji's room which locates a few halls away.

Knock knock

"I'm sorry? Did I disturb your sleep?" Hanni asks shyly. Minji shook her head, "No I wasn't asleep. Why are you here?" She asked curiously. "Can I sleep in your room for tonight? I.. can't sleep with the thunder." Her voice slowly decrescendos.

Minji felt so happy that her heart feels like it might jump out of her chest. This is a once in a billion years opportunity, she thought.

"Oh yeah, of course. I don't mind." She tried to act nonchalant but is in fact, so nervous that her palms got sweaty.

Hanni thanked the taller one before making herself comfortable on the cozy mattress. "You can take the bed. I'll sleep on that chair over there." Minji points to the sofa chair near her bookshelves. "I can't do that to you! C'mon man, there's still a big space on the bed."

After a few minutes of going back and forth, Minji gave in and went under the covers, next to Hanni. Their bodies being inches away from each other. Minjis lays on her side with her back facing Hanni while the otter lays on her back and covers the blanket all the way up to their nose.

They kept a night lamp on. Being near Minji makes Hanni feel more at ease while Minji feels so nervous that she might not get any sleep tonight. But it's worth it.

"Do you mind hugging me to sleep?" The little one mumbled but no response from Minji. She thought that her question came out too late as the latter have already fallen asleep. She shuts her eyes closed.

Suddenly, the movement of Minji bringing her into a hug made her widen her eyes in surprise. Hanni lays on Minji arm, being wrapped comfortably. Hugging Minji feels like cuddling with a gigantic teddy bear, she thought.

"Is this okay?"
"..This is perfect."

Hanni snuggle into the warmth of her human sized teddy bear.