Chapter 23. Connections

One month had passed..

NO ONE's POV

Danielle is standing in front of her mirror with her shirt lifted up, exposing her stomach. She gently rubs it and even though it's not quite visible, she could feel a small hard bump. No one knows about her little secret yet besides her two best friends, Chaewon and Hyein. Not even her parents nor Haerin, the person who is responsible have found out about this.

She put on the final touch to her fit, a cardigan. Danielle and Haerin had planned to go on a date tonight to an amusement specifically made for couples. She quickly rushed to the door as she heard the doorbell rings, assuming Haerin had arrived to pick her up.

Danielle immediately jumped into Haerin's arms the moment she sees the girl. Joy overflowed her. "I'm not going to disappear!" Haerin chuckled before she covered the latter's face with soft affectionate kisses. "Should we go now?" Danielle rests her chin on Haerin's chest and proceeds to look into her eyes adorably. "Wait." Haerin then pulled Danielle back into the dorm.

She made Danielle sat on the edge of the bed as she rummaged through the closet. Haerin picked out a knitted sweater and hat.

"It's getting colder outside, it's better to be safe than sorry. I wouldn't want you to get sick," Haerin helped buttoned the sweater onto Danielle's body. "Flu season is also going around so you should take good care of yourself. Plus, if you get warm later on and need some air, I'll hold onto your stuff." Haerin positioned the hat correctly. "So stay warm, okay?" Danielle smiled warmly at how caring her girlfriend is, "Okay."

Haerin held onto the girl's hand tightly all the way to the car. She seatbelt the girl into the seat safely and kissed her before getting into the driver side. "How was your day, my love?" Haerin asked softly as she drives the car out of the parking lot.

"I was bored waiting for you the whole day but now that we're together, I'm great!"

Haerin chuckled at her passenger princess. She moved her hand and placed it in Danielle's lap, intertwining their fingers together.

Luckily, traffic wasn't so bad and the two were able to get to their destination without much delay.

Haerin helped Danielle to get out of the car, treating her like a princess. Though, Haerin didn't want to move. She instead hugged Danielle tightly and pressed her against the car. They embraced against the cold air of the night.

Haerin used her hand to caress Danielle's right cheek. She looked into her eyes lovingly, muting everything else that's happening in the world. Danielle can't help but blush and shyly giggle, "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked. Haerin smiled and kissed the girl's temple, "I really love you."

The kitty squeezed Danielle tightly in between her arms, swaying side to side, and could hear a muffled, "I love you so much." Coming from the puppy she's hugging. They smiled warmly at each other before leaning in to deepen their connection as well as showing a form of trust and bond.

"Should we go now?" Haerin whispered. Her mouth says one thing but her body says otherwise. Despite the amount of stares and attention they're receiving from other couples, the two doesn't mind and continue to show affection to one another as they walk to the first haunted house.

"Are you scared?" Danielle clung onto Haerin's arm with a huge grin on her face. "Of course not! Are you?" Danielle shook her head, "Nope!"

The two linked their arms together as they enter the darkness of horror. The inside is dark and difficult to see with an eerie glowing pathway.
They slowly travelled deeper into the space, walls are decorated with things such as blood, skulls, skeletons, webs, etc.