Chapter 33. Rebound

NO ONE's POV

"Do you cook often?" Haerin asked with curious eyes. "Mhm! I tend to cook a lot of the times to relieve stress but I end up giving the food away to my neighbours most of the times." The actress replied, she then taste test the seaweed soup.

The woman gasped, "That's so good.." Haerin chuckled at the girl's reaction to her own cooking. Haerin rests her chin in her palm, staring at the girl. This reminds her of the times she spent with Danielle and how the girl used to cook for her.

Winter turned around to place the food onto the table. For a moment, Haerin saw Danielle through the woman's face, she quickly shook her head to snap back.

"Is something wrong?" Winter asked. Haerin let out a soft smile, "No, everything's fine. Let's eat now, I'm starving!" The two thanked in unison before digging in, enjoying their food.

"Woah, the ribs are so tender." Haerin's eyes lit up. Winter held her head high, "I made it after all!" She said proudly. The cat-eye let out a soft smile, "You know, the company's anniversary event is coming up. You should accompany me, if you want to."

Winter gasped then clasped her hands in front of her chest, "Of course I'd love to!"
Haerin slightly nodded, "There's some articles online about us, um, if you're uncomfortable, I can pull some strings to take everything down."
"No, that's fine, I don't mind." Winter shook her head then smiled.

Haerin smiled politely at the girl before going back into eating her food.

After their meal, Haerin suggested that she'll do the dishes and the woman could just relax in the living room. No objections were made.

Winter walk slowly around the room, observing everything down to the smallest details. She stopped, seeing a framed photo of another woman, smiling brightly, showing her crescent eye shape. There was also a keychain lying next to the photo; consisting of a dog and cat shaped.

The girl in the photo looked gorgeous and happy, carefree and safe.

The woman picked up another framed photo, this time the photo shows Haerin and the same woman kissing each other with huge smiles on their faces.

Winter let out a subtly sad smile before putting everything back into place then took a seat on the sofa. She glanced over at the white fur-ball purring on the two seat sofa. The woman tried to get its attention but the cat just lazily stared at her.

"Luna, you're mean." Haerin said, placing two mug of hot chocolate onto the table. The white kitty quickly dashed into Haerin's lap, purring hysterically and rubbing itself against the woman's thigh.

"I guess she doesn't like me," Winter looked at the kitty. "She's just cold to people, it takes her awhile to warm up. It's rare to find somebody she'd instantly click with." Haerin reassured while giving Luna chin scratches.

"Dani, are you participating?" Ms. Han asked. "No, it's fine! I'll just watch you guys, " She smiled brightly, "Good luck!" The puppy cheered.

Typically, when it's the week of the company's anniversary, a huge event will be hosted where all the employees can get together and enjoy some games with prizes as well as fancy food which are all prepared by the company. This year is no different from the others.

Danielle sits with her legs crossed on the bench, observing the dodgeball match between the two teams; green and yellow. The teams were split up by the divisions and teams that people work on.

She smiled and cheered for everybody that's playing on the court.

"EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!"

Suddenly one of the team leaders, Song Yuqi yelled into the microphone, grasping everyone's attention.