Chapter 24. The Past

MINJI's POV

I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw a girl getting out of Haerin's car. My heart nearly dropped as I saw them kissed and hugged each other. The two showed more affection than I have seen Haerin with Hanni. I'm not sure what took over me, it's not supposed to be my business.

Is Haerin seeing a college student behind Hanni's back? This is messed up no matter how you look at it!

I waited for the girl to get into the building before I come over to confront Haerin. Good chance is her mistress doesn't know about the situation either. I was too angry to think straight so I threw a punch at her which caused her to stumbled and fell to the ground.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" I heard her yell as she held onto the area I just punched. Her words made me even angrier. She's a cheater but also has the audacity to be angry?

Before I could realise, we're currently throwing punches at each other as if our lives depend on it; a fist fight. The pain feels numb and I could feel blood dripping down from my busted lip.

"DOES YOUR MISTRESS EVEN KNOW YOU'RE TWO TIMING THEM!?" I know that question struck a nerve when her facial glitches for a quick moment before she head butted me. Damn, this kid could really fight. Even though my face feels pretty bad, Haerin's worse.

"Why the hell are you always sticking your nose into my business!?" She whisper shouted. This made my heart ache a bit. We fought for a while before we both became physically too tired and numb to actually continue any further. I'm not sure how bad I look, but Haerin looks bad. Part of me wants to apologise to her now that I'm calmer.

"When are you going to tell her?" I asked in between my pantings. She stayed silent, trying to catch her breath. I scrunched my eyebrows at her. What she's doing is very wrong, but at the same time, she's still just a stupid kid making mistakes like she was back in high school.

Half of me wants to beat her up even more while the other half wants to just sit down and talk it through with her and help the kid to sort shit out.

"If you're not going to tell them, then I will."

She looked at me with wide eyes, in those similar cat eyes, I could see a hint of fear. She still didn't say anything so I left her alone and went back to my car. I sighed before looking at my face in the rear mirror. I think I took too long and Hanni's ice cream might've melted.

"Oh my gosh, Minji! What happened to your face?" Hanni rushed over. "Sorry, your ice cream probably melted." I said as I hand over the plastic bag filled with goods. "Forget about the darn ice cream! Why is your face busted!?" She dragged me by the arm into her office. I shrugged as I sat on the comfortable leather sofa, "A cat scratched me." She looked at me like I'm ridiculous, which I probably am.

I flinched once the cotton swab touched my wound. It hurts like hell. "You're going to kill me by being this rough.", "You're going to get yourself killed by being stupid. Now stay still so I can treat it." I shut my mouth and stayed the most still I possibly could. Though, my body does flinch a bit whenever it hurts.

"I don't know what could possibly happen in the thirty minutes that you were gone." She sighed, "You need to stop being so reckless and stupid. How could I ever trust you to go alone somewhere ever again?" She continued on to nag and talk about how stupid I am.

My mind seems to be tuning out the things surrounding me. Hanni is the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen in my life, on top of that, she also has the kindest soul and always looking out for others. How could Haerin treat her like this? Especially how obviously in love Hanni is, everyone could see that.