Chapter 8. What Are We?

DANIELLE's POV

"I've searched the web and everything, Haerin and just the Kang family in general, they only appear on media when it's work related." Hyein furrow her eyebrows as she scroll through the web on her laptop. "At work, when I ask others about Haerin, they don't seem to know much besides that she's a kind and reserved person." I said as I recall back the times I tried asking other people what Haerin is like as a person.

"I found an article about her parents' death; It was vague but some keywords took it away. I also tried to look into it but seems like the Kang family paid to keep everything under control. That's probably why there's no photos of them other than when it's involving business." Chaewon said before biting into an apple.

I let out a long sigh. Is it too hard to get to know you more, Haerin? She could be a married woman with kids right now for all I know. I just want to know at least something about her so that I know what I'm getting into.

The doorbell of my apartment rang. "I'll get it." I said before getting up from the comfortable couch. I don't think I've ordered anything? Who would come here at this time? It's a work day for people with full-time jobs.

I looked through the peephole and was stunned. My hand immediately twist the doorknob to open it. "Haerin?" I let out a breath as I stare at her while her face is displayed with a soft smile and her cat-like eyes. "What are you doing here? I thought you're coming back tomorrow?" I added.

"I wanted to surprise you," She showed me a plastic bag filled with some more plastic containers. "I also bought jajangmyeon like I promised." My heart melted. If's like all of my doubts and concerns just sailed away. She actually listened and remembers what I told her. She kept her words. This is the first person I've dated to ever do so. And we're not even officially together.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before wrapping my arms around her neck as I pull her into a hug. She used her free arm to wrap around my waist, hugging me closely to her.

"Why are you taking so lon-" I felt like I just broke my neck by how fast and aggressive I turned over to look at Hyein. At the same time, I also pushed Haerin away.

Hyein's jaw dropped down all the way to hell. "Please tell me you guys aren't gonna fuck at the doorway." My jaw dropped. I can't believe she would actually blurt out something like this! Especially in front of Haerin!

"Hyein! Let's go, we'll let them have their own time together." Chaewon grabbed Hyein and her laptop away. Before leaving, she gave me a wink. Ridiculous. Why are they always acting like this!

"Sorry, I didn't know you had guests over."
"It's fine, I see them everyday."

I pulled her by the hand into my dorm then lock the door behind us. I softly placed my hands on the spot where I pushed her. "I'm sorry, does it hurt?"

"Yes it does, five kisses will help."

I moved my hands up to her face where I can tenderly cup her face. I softly kisses her. The first four kisses were quick, but not too quick. For the fifth one, I made sure to keep it longer and more memorable.

As our lips pull apart, I could see a saliva streak between us. My face feels hot, I can't even imagine how red I must be at this moment.

"Okay, let's eat I'm starving!" She said as she pulls me to the dining table. A bit confused but my hunger overtook as I haven't had lunch yet either. "When did you land?" I sat down across from her. "An hour ago, I went straight to the restaurant to get food but they had a really long line." She pour the black bean sauce onto the noodles then put a portion in front of me.