Chapter 13. Confession

DANIELLE's POV

"Make sure to pack all the stuff you need, we'll be in Busan to help develop their packaged seafood soup. This might also be an opportunity for us to make our idea of kimchi tastes better." Ms. Han spoke. We all nodded before heading home.

Busan! I can't believe it! I'm so excited of what's to come, the seafood at Busan is literal heavens! Haerin also told me that she'd be there along with her grandpa for part of the trip. Though, I don't think our relationship is public. The only people who know about our relationship currently are Hyein and Chaewon.

But I'll try to leave a good impression for Chairman Kang.

I stopped by the convenience store to buy some necessities; travelling toothbrush, tampons just in case, a new bottle of mini hand sanitiser, etc. i'm going to be enjoying myself! Even if it's for work.

Should I pack Jerry? He's the turtle Haerin gifted me. He's so freaking cute! Look at his smiley face! It makes me melt, I've been hugging him every night... it reminds me of Haerin.

I packed all the things I need into a singular suitcase, I'm quite surprised at how well I packed it.

"Hello? Hyein?" I said, through the phone.
"Yes, Dani?" She answered.
"I'm leaving at five tomorrow, make sure you're in time so I can give you the keys. Make sure you water my plants." I said.
"Don't worry, I won't oversleep!" Hyein reassured.

I don't know.. Hyein tends to sleep a lot. I remember when our friend group went on a school trip, she almost missed the bus because she slept through all her alarms. She still ended up sleeping the whole way on the bus ride.

I sighed, laying in bed while hugging one of my stuffed animals. I opened the message app, no new messages from Haerin. I want to text her, I miss her, but she's probably busy and I don't want to seem like I'm super clingy and needy. I read somewhere that it could be a turn off.

I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

——

"We're just waiting for Mr. Park now." Eunwoo said as he takes a look at his watch. Phew! I thought I would be the last one; Hyein ended up oversleeping so I had to knock on her dorm for like five minutes before she answered. I should've entrusted my kids with Chaewon.

"Damn that old man! What could he be doing!?" Ms. Han said angrily. The dynamic between Ms. Han and Mr. Park is quite interesting, they seem to always be at each other's throat and always throwing insults. But, I once caught them actually having a normal friendly conversation when no one else is around.

There's definitely something going on between those two.

"You want one?" I turned my head to the side slowly, looking at Eunwoo. He's holding a bottle of green tea and I gladly took it. "Thank you." I said before taking a sip. "Cute carrot." I heard. "Oh this?" I said, smiling while showing off the carrot keychain that I clipped on my mini backpack last night.

Eunwoo listens and smile softly while listening to me rambling on and on about my carrot. I was interrupted when I heard Ms. Han telling us to board the train since everyone is here.

Each side is consist of four seats, to not make everybody left out, Ms. Han, me, and Wonyoung are sitting on one side while Eunwoo and Mr. Park are sitting on the other.

I giggled as I looked over on their side, Mr. Park is snoring loudly as he laid his head on Eunwoo's shoulder. Wonyoung and Ms. Han teased them; taking photos, I thought it was fun and adorable.

I eventually slept through the ride as well.

Upon our arrival, I did a happy dance and happy jumps the immediate moment I stepped out. Oh, the fresh breeze and smell of Busan! I wonder if carrots from Busan tastes differently.