Chapter 2. Guilt

DANIELLE's POV

As my eyelids slowly open, Immediately, the pain of muscle soreness hits me as I also remember what happened last night. I dart my eyes over to the figure that's sitting on the edge of the bed, typing something on her phone.

Her gaze quickly softens once she darts her eyes over to me. Her soft hand caressed my hair before I was met with a soft, low voice. "You're awake." She spoke as her hand continued to stroke my hair. "Yeah," I replied, trying to set myself into a sitting position. One of my hands held onto my head as I was met with a small headache.

"Here." She handed me a glass of room-temperature water and I quickly downed it. I do really trust this woman even though we met just last night. "Feel better?" She asked as she placed the cup down back onto the nightstand.

"You see, last night-" I was about to bring up the topic but was quickly cut off.

"Yeah, about that. Can we keep it as just a fling? You know, nothing more, just a casual hookup or one-night stand, whatever you call them." She explained, at first I was a little disappointed. I mean I didn't expect much in the first place but part of me believed that maybe, just maybe we could go a bit further.

"Yeah, I was about to suggest that as well." I lied as I forced out a small smile. "At least, can I get some cuddles? My body is so sore." I asked, she smiled as she got back under the covers and wrapped her arms around me.

"Do you have a ride? I can bring you home." She offered, I looked up and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Sounds good."

We continue to cuddle each other for about an hour or so. Multiple kisses throughout, her lips are so soft and so is her touch. Just for a quick moment, I do feel as if deep down, we both have mutual feelings for each other.

Ugh, Danielle! This is just a one-night stand, nothing more. Forget about it!

——
HAERIN's POV

We kissed one last time before I dropped Danielle off a few blocks away from her college dorm, to avoid anyone seeing us. I watch as her figure slowly fades away in the distance.

My smile quickly turns into a frown of guilt as I harshly bite down on my bottom lip. I fucked up, big time. I take the phone out of the left pocket and look to see if there are any new notifications from Hanni.

*Text Messages*

Wife 🦭💌 (You so funny Pham)

08:07
I'm sorry I stormed off. I was staying at a friend's house, I'll be home soon.
(delivered)

09:29
Are you home?
(delivered)

Great, no nothing. I let out a long sigh before driving off to a flower shop nearby.

"Hello miss, what can I do for you today?" The florist asked me as she showed me a gummy smile.

"A bouquet of baby's Breath, please." Baby's Breath is one of Hanni's favourite kind of flowers. My fingers fidgets as I can't seem to brush off the fact that I just cheated on her. As long as I cover it up, she won't find out, right?

I just need to forget about everything and go back to my everyday life.

I swipe my card to pay for it then grabbed the bouquet of flowers to leave. I also walked to a nearby bakery to pick up some pastries that I know Hanni enjoys.

After around twenty minutes, I finally arrived home. I parked my car into the garage, next to Hanni's car. Okay good, so she is home. I fixed my hair up and made sure that there are no clues whatsoever on me that I was out with another woman. I inhaled deeply before putting on my wedding ring then grabbing my things and get out of the car.