Chapter 6. First Day of Work

DANIELLE's POV

Morning came, the sunshine dawned on me as the birds sing a happy tune outside my window. I stretched my body before opening the window to greet the birds then watering my carrots.

Today is the first day of work! I'm so excited! Haerin even suggested that we'd have lunch together and she'll check in with me. I can't help but smile at the gesture. She's just so sweet and always make sure I'm comfortable.

I hummed a tune as I take a quick shower. I changed into formal work attire- a pencil skirt and a light blue sweater. I can't help but smile and blush at the thought of Haerin. I missed her, after the kiss on Saturday she left to go home and we didn't have the chance to see each other on Sunday.

But it's okay! We can still spend a lot of time together!

Before leaving the dorm, I pet Carrie The Carrot, Samuel, Jerry, and Samantha. Mommy will miss you guys so much.

I got this! Fighting!

Luckily, the company isn't far from my dorm so I can just take a walk there. I take in a big sniff of nature; the sound of the early birds, the fresh condensation of the plants, the smell of dirt. The sunshine glows onto my face, making me feel like I'm the main character of this world.

I cannot contain my happiness and smile like a fool as I enter the building. The inside is huge! Everything seems so modern and luxurious, almost too much where it feels empty and robotic. I took the ID out from my bag to go through the gate.

I was told to go straight to the supervision room... but where is that located..? The more I look at this map, the more confused I get. Who even in their right mind would design this building?

"Uhm, miss? Excuse me?"
"Yes?" She answered as she turned around.

I was stunned, the woman in front of me is absolutely gorgeous. Though, she doesn't look Korean, maybe she's a foreigner? I glanced down at her ID which states; Marketing Team leader, Minnie.

"I'm supposed to go to the supervision room, but I can't find my way there. Can you help me?"
"Oh, of course!" She replied with a smile on her face. I walk by her side.

"You're an intern, right? I'm supposed to get an intern to my team today, maybe you're the one."

"Really? That would be awesome!" If I do end up being on the same team as her, I think we'd get along so well. She's such a good looking person and so kind!

I bowed before entering the room, she gave me a small 'fighting!' then left. There's about four other girls, all patiently waiting and sitting in their seat neatly. I guess I'm the last one.

After a few minutes of waiting, a tall and slim woman came into the room. She cleared her throat then smiled. "Hello, my name is Song Yuqi, I'm in charge of getting you guys settled in and help you throughout your journey as an intern at Kang Corporation." As soon as she opened her mouth, I was shocked. Her appearance is so magnificent and cute but her voice is so deep.

Suddenly, she slammed her hand hard onto the surface of the table in front of her, causing me along with the other girls to flinch. "Though, you guys are interns, it does not guarantee you a full-time position at this company. I hope you all will behave." Each and every one of us answered in unison; "Yes, ma'am."

Eventually, we all got sorted into different groups of different departments. I got put into one of the lab test groups where we come up with new creations and test for its efficiency before presenting to the boss. (I requested this role on my form.)

I bowed to greet the other four people. "It's a pleasure to be working with you guys!" I added, "My name is Danielle Marsh." Everyone gave me a soft smile.