Chapter 10. False Affection

HANNI's POV

I parked my car into the garage. After a long night the best thing right now would be relaxing at home. Though, it would be better if Haerin is home. I miss my wife. I entered my home and immediately notice the pair of shoes that weren't there when I left. I ran towards the living room and I almost sob out of happiness.

Haerin is sleeping on the couch, there's a bouquet of flowers on glass table along with some candles. My tiredness got reduce tremendously at the adorable gesture. I shook her shoulders gently to wake her up. Her sleepy eyes slowly open and she let out a soft smile. "You're home." Haerin whispered.

She wrapped her arms around me as I sit on her lap. "When did you get home?" I mumbled, placing a kiss on her lips. "Really early in the morning. I wanted to surprise you, but I didn't know you're working overtime." She explained while snuggling her face into the cradle of my neck.

"That's sweet, honey." I mumbled. Before we know it, we both fell asleep in each other's arms on the couch.

"Haerin?"
"Hm?"
"What would you like to eat?"
"Anything is fine."

We kissed before I went into the kitchen to get started on the meal. I looked back at her and smiled. Haerin is on her phone, she's been using her phone a lot more but I don't see anything wrong with it. I spend hours on social media myself.

I'm going to make grilled cheese with tomato soup! Since we're both tired, this is the best dish to eat. I buttered the bread and put slices of mozzarella cheese in between. I then heat up a can of tomato soup in the pot. I flinched as I feel the sudden touch of Haerin's arms wrapping around my waist, but the shock feeling quickly turned into comfort.

"Are you done yet? I'm so hungry." The kitty pouted. "Not yet, be patient." I answered. We stayed in that position with her holding me while I finish making the food. We sat down and eat peacefully, in silence before I started to talk.

"How about we go on a date this weekend? I want to visit the new aquarium." I suggested. She took another bite of her sandwich and thought for a moment. Haerin does take a long time to think, but I love her for it. I love everything about her. I hope she'd never give me a reason to not love her.

"If I don't have any work then yeah, we'll go." I clapped my hands together in excitement. It's been so long since we went on a proper date; work has been taking over so hopefully it'll be a breath of fresh air.

HAERIN's POV

I stand on the balcony to gather my thoughts. It seems like I'm unable to do so. Danielle keeps popping up into my mind. Sex with her feels so good. I adore her way too much. Even though we were making love, I always caught myself trying to hold her in some sort of way no matter what position we're in.

Am I really in love? But I'm already married? Is it fine for me to love someone else other than the person I said my vows to?

Well, for one thing, I know for sure that my heart doesn't go crazy anymore when I'm with Hanni. I don't feel the excitement, the blushing at affection, the genuine smiles of just watching your spouse anymore. Even when we have sex, I don't feel love between us.

I'm faking everything. I'm faking my love towards Hanni. I am aware of it, and I'm going to keep doing it. Just until I come up with a good decision to make.

I feel the soft touch of Hanni leaning against my back. "Love?" I murmured as I turned back facing her with my back leaning against the railings. I wrapped my arms comfortably around her body as we morph into one. "I missed you.. so much." She mumbled so softly, that I almost didn't catch it.