Chapter 7. One's Feelings

MINJI's POV

I can't help but smile to myself as I watch Hanni enter the hospital. I enjoy and look forward to going to work every day because of her. Oh, trust me, I also really love my job. Helping others and saving lives is the best and most self-rewarding job I could ever wish for. There's just something about Hanni that left me starstruck from the moment I met her.

"Well hello, Dr. Kim!" Hanni greeted.
"Wow look at you, Dr. Kang. I love the hair!" I responded.

Her hair today is just plain and normal, but I fucking love and adore it so much. She doesn't need to fancy style it or do anything. Just her hair being natural and Hanni being herself is enough.

She laughed as if not believing my compliment.

"Are you messing with me, man? I didn't have time to do anything with it today!"
"What! I think it looks great."

She gave me one of her goofy smirks before entering her office. I followed and made myself comfortable on the sofa. We start to chat just about little things. Hanni always mentions her wife, I can see how happy and bright her face lights up every time.

I don't need my thoughts to be heard or my feelings to be reciprocated. And I'm certainly am not going to ruin what they have.. Hanni's happiness. I'm only going to admire her from afar. Love and support her as a friend.

———

HAERIN's POV

"I have to go on a business trip, so I won't be able to take you on a date," I said with a frown on my face while using my hand to tuck a strand of hair behind Danielle's ear. "How long are you going to be gone for?", "Around a week and a half." Her mouth quickly dropped open in disbelief.

"Haerin, that's forever!"
"I know! I'll make sure to make it up when I get back, okay?"

She frowned and just came closer to me. She hugged me tightly while burying her face in the crook of my neck. I smile as I run my hand across the small of her back. "When are you leaving?" She asked. "Tomorrow morning." She hit my shoulder which made me wince in pain... it wasn't painful, I just like being dramatic.

"Ouch!"
"You're leaving tomorrow and you're just telling me today!?" She exclaimed while looking at me with an 'are you nuts!' expression.

"Hey! At least I told you." The puppy rolled her eyes at me. I giggled a bit. She's such a princess.

———

"I'll miss you.. so much," Hanni whispered as we hugged tightly. I smiled softly before cupping her cheeks and then kissing her tenderly. "I'll be home before you know it," I reassured. "Is there anything specific you'd want me to get you?" I asked. Hanni shook her head, "No, just come home safely. That's all I'm asking for."

"I love you." She mumbled. "I love you, too," I replied as I comfortably moved my hands around her back. I glanced over at the clock which indicated that It was time for me to go.

We kissed and hugged one last time before I left the house. Hanni insisted that she'd go with me to the airport but I told her not to since she still has work for today and tomorrow before entering the weekend. Plus, she'll cry even harder if we're at the airport, I don't know why, but she tends to become more emotional when bidding me goodbyes at the airport.

The route from my house to the airport would take roughly 20 minutes. I'm going to spend my time wisely.. by thinking. What would life be as of right now if I never got married? How would I be? How would Hanni be? I know my heart doesn't flutter when I see her anymore, but why do my lips still curve into smiles without me forcing it?