Chapter 34. Forgiveness

HAERIN's POV

"Minjeong!" I called out while running towards the short-haired woman. She looked back at me with a saddened smile. "Yes Haerin?" She answered. I gulped, standing just a few inches away from her, "I'm sorry." Minjeong shook her head, "No, don't apologise. I should be thanking you." She walked closer, grabbing my hands.

"You were honest at the very beginning. You told me your heart cannot reciprocate my feelings. You never kissed me or do anything to lean me on. Haerin, you respected me. I did this to myself, I chose this." A few tears rolled down her face before she quickly wiped them off.

I couldn't say anything or move a single muscle. I just stood there like a stone statue.

"Even though she rejected your proposal," Minjeong looked into my eyes with a gentle smile, "She loves you. Her eyes sparkle when she look at you." The girl pushed me away, turning my body over so my back faces her.

"You better go talk to her and get her to marry you!" She gave me a light push of encouragement. I looked back at Minjeong one last time before jogging to god knows where. I'll run around the whole place if I have to, I need to find Danielle.

I lost her not once but twice, I'm determined to make things right. I'm fucking in love with Danielle Marsh there's no denying it.

I sped up my pace, now full on running. I desperately ran around the building, calling out her name as I visit every floor and sections. I had to stop, with my hands clenching on my kneecaps as I try to catch my breath.

"You look like you might need this," My eyes widened as I heard a familiar voice. I quickly jerked my head up to see the all too familiar figure and smile standing in front of me.

"Danielle, can we talk? Please." I pleaded with my breath still unsteady. She nodded while keeping her smile. Her arm withdrew as it was extended with her hand holding a water bottle.

"I'm in love with you, Danielle," I confessed, "No matter how hard I try, my mind and heart only recall of you. I don't want to lose you, ever again." A few tears started to swell up in my eyes, "I love you so much that it physically pains me. There hasn't been a night passed where my mind doesn't think of you and how much I regret losing you."

"Miss Kang, just to confirm, you're fully aware that you proposed to me in front of everybody fifteen minutes ago and now confessing your love for me. Is that correct?"

I slowly nodded, keeping eye contact with her. I could see her smile dropping, making me feel uneasy inside. Few seconds have passed and Danielle still hasn't said anything. I shut my eyes closed, wanting to dig a hole and bury myself.

Suddenly, I could feel her body pressing against mine with her arms hugging tightly around my body.

I froze for a minute.

She's hugging me.
.
.
.

SHE'S HUGGING ME!

I wrapped my arms around her body, holding her tightly as I still find it hard to believe.

"Idiot, I missed you so much." She mumbled into my chest. I kissed her head gently while rubbing the small of her back. I was about to open my mouth to tell her how much I love her but we heard footsteps and people talking nearby.

Danielle's immediate response was to push ourselves into a small closet and hide. Ouch.

"Isn't it crazy? I thought the CEO and that one actress were together." A male worker's voice echoed through the halls.

"She proposed to that one intern under Ms. Han's team that's what surprised me. How long do you think they've been seeing each other?" Another male's voice was heard.

"I dunno, but the fact that she turned her down got everybody in shock."

I looked at Danielle. Her body being in between my arms as we are forced to squeeze against each other. I could feel her hot breath brushing against the skin of my neck and collarbone.

We locked eyes and suddenly the whole room felt like it was caught on fire.

I cupped her adorable beautiful face with my hands. I can't help but smile and chuckling softly at how adorable she looks. "I love you," I whispered.

Danielle showed me one of her gummy smiles before whispering an I love you too in response. She slither her hand to push my head closer to hers, causing our lips to crash against one another.

I feel like I might explode as her warm and soft lips brushes against mine and her tongue doing its magic in my mouth. My ears and cheeks feel extremely hot.

I had to take everything inside of me to stop a moan from coming out of my mouth. It's been so long since I was able to feel her touch and her lips on mine. So long.

"You're staying the night right? Luna loves you so much. Look, she's rubbing herself all over your leg." I pointed to the little white kitty in Dani's lap. I could hear her chuckle softly while stroking the kitty. I wish that was me instead of Luna.

"Luna want me to stay or is it you who want me to stay?"

"Both."

I pecked her lips before wrapping an arm around her shoulder. Dani gently smiled then rested her head on my shoulder.

"You know, I was so sad when I found out about you and Winter," Dani made a sound that is very similar to a small puppy sulking. I gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"If it makes you feel better, we were just friends nothing more, and we never did anything."

Dani looked up into my eyes. Her eyes are so sparkly and adorable, I feel like I might pass out due to cuteness.

I placed a soft kiss on her forehead before bridal-style carry the puppy upstairs into our bedroom. I shut the door before Luna could get in. She could meow all she want but that little rascal is not going to interrupt my moment with the love of my life.

I carefully plopped her down onto the mattress. I laid down by her side with her head laying on my shoulders.

"You're so mean! Luna will be so lonely." Dani playfully punched me. "Oh she'll be fine. I want to spend alone time with you. With Luna around it seems like she's getting all of your attention." I rolled my eyes at the thought of that little gremlin.

"By the way, why did you propose to me in front of everybody? The whole company will gossip about it." Dani cupped the side of my cheek. "I'm not sure.. but I don't regret it. I truly love you and I want to marry you one day. I want you to be my last, Danielle." I overlapped my hand with hers.

"I also want you to be my last." She snuggled into the crook of my neck.

"I love you, Haerin."

"I love you too, Dani. So freaking much."

I held her body tightly. She've given me another chance, I'm not going to fuck this up. I promise to myself that I'll treat her right and make her happy. I want to shout to the world that she's mine and that I'm hers. I want to shout about how much I love her.

I'm going to make this woman my wife.