Chapter 28. Awake

HAERIN's POV

"Congratulation, miss Marsh. You're recovering very well." The doctor said after he did a checkup on Danielle after she finally woke up. I smiled as Danielle turned over to look at me causing her to also smile.

It has only been what? Four or five days since she's been asleep? It hasn't been long but it looks like the life got sucked right out of her body.

"Thank you." Dani thanked the doctor and the nurses. "No problem, ring us whenever you need to." They said before shutting the door closed. "How do you feel?" My hand wrapped itself around her shoulder, bringing her into a side hug as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Haerin,"
"Yes?"
"I lost it, didn't I? I lost our baby."

She looked into my eyes with tears filling up. I bring Dani into a full embrace as she start to quietly cry. "It's okay, love." I patted her back softly. "You can always have another baby, but no matter what, I can never have another Danielle." I kissed her head, "You're okay, that's all it really matters." I whispered, tightening the embrace.

I held her tightly until her tears would stop falling.

"Are you okay now?" I asked, not breaking our embrace. Dani nodded as she snuggled into me. I slowly rock our bodies from side to side, "Is there anything you'd like to eat?" Danielle shook her head.

"Kiss me?"

I smiled, leaning in to kiss those fluffy lips that I've missed so much. I expected to see her smiling after the kiss but instead she frowned. Danielle's gently held my face with her hands. "Why didn't you get your wounds treated?"

"You were the last person to touch my face and treat them, I don't want anyone else to do it." I whispered as I overlap our hands, gently kissing the tip of her fingers.

"How did your face get worse?"

"You have some pretty good friends."

I chuckled upon seeing her confused expression. "Enough about me, do you want some fresh air? You've been asleep for practically a week." Danielle nodded and her face lit up like a little kid. "Yes please!" I smiled at her reaction while helping her get out of bed.

"Careful." My hands being on her hips just in case she needs some support but she probably doesn't. "I know." Danielle assured.

I took a glance around my surroundings, there's clearly a lot more patients the lower the floors. It seems a bit hectic.

"Danielle,"

"Yes?"

"How about I transfer you to a private hospital? It's quieter and the rooms are also nicer."

She looked at me as if I'm nuts.

"Are you kidding? You literally got me the best room possible at this hospital and it's so peaceful. I don't need anything more, Haerin. I'm perfectly fine here!" Danielle giggled as she sat on one of the empty benches located at the park outside the hospital. I sighed, sitting next to her, bringing the puppy into a side hug. "I think you deserves the best and should get the best." She shook her head. "This is enough." Danielle intertwined our fingers together.

The sun shines beautifully today, as if the world is welcoming Danielle with open arms; almost like a rebirth of an angel. I looked around, kids were playing together by the playground while elders are chatting under the trees, and lovers are holding hands and just enjoying each other's company.

I don't want this to end. I don't want to end what I have with her, but I have no choice. I started this mess, it should be right for me to clean things up.

"Love, are you listening?" I snapped back into reality upon hearing Danielle's voice. "Sorry, what were you saying?" She chuckled, "I was talking about how I think we should go on a vacation together when we can," Her adorable big brown doe eyes makes me want to melt.

"I had a dream where we went on a trip together and you ended up proposing to me."

"Oh, did I? How would you like to get proposed to in the future?" I asked curiously.

"You know how some girls want to get their nails done and get proposed to in a fancy place with an expensive ring?"

"Mhm."

"I don't want that, in fact, I don't want anything like that, I feel like it's fake. All I want is to be shown that the proposal is with genuine love and care. Even if you propose to me with a paper ring, I'll say yes."

I giggled as I pull her in to kiss those soft lips gently. "Noted, I'll make sure my proposal to you is perfect to your liking.", "Better be!" Danielle exclaimed excitedly, giving me multiple kisses on my jaw.

"Oh, by the way, your parents should be here soon. Their arrival is today." Danielle suddenly yelled an extremely loud "What!" After I told her about her parents coming.

"You told them!?"

"I mean, yeah. I had to."

She audible sighed, I could feel all of her body weight pressing against me as she relaxed. "My parents are really dramatic. God knows, what they'll force me to do after finding out about this." Danielle explained. "They probably just want the best for you. Plus, what's the worst that could happen?" I respond.

"Promise me, you won't leave even if my parents give you a hard time."

"I promise."

"My little girl!"

"Daddy!"

Danielle's dad, Mr. Marsh Guwon ran towards his daughter and hugged her tightly as I watches them. Her mother, Mrs. Marsh Dohee also followed and hugged the two of them.

"How are you, honey?" I heard her asking. "I'm fine!" Danielle replied enthusiastically and started to show off how strong she is, causing me to smile. "Who's that asshole that did this to my princess? I'll make sure they pay and burn in hell eternally!" I gulped at the threat her dad made.

"This is too dangerously. Danielle, you should move in with us." Her mom suggested, stroking her daughter's hair. "You guys are being a bit dramatic! I'm fine, it was just an accident, I'm sure it wasn't from bad intentions."

How on earth is Danielle such an angel compared to her parents? It feels like two different worlds colliding! She does look a lot like her parents, though. Danielle looks exactly both like them, in one angle you'll see her looking a lot like her dad while in a different angle, you'll see her mom.

The Marsh's genes are crazy.

"Why didn't you jump in to save her!?" I looked up to see her dad's face being inches away from mine. Sweating would be an understatement to how my body is reacting right now. How the hell did they raise such a sweetheart!?

"Sir.. I- I'm sorry." Was all I could whisper out.

"Mom and dad keep pressuring me to move back to Australia with them." Danielle said as she cuddled me tightly. "Will you?" She shook her head, "I don't want to. I want to stay here with you. I'm sorry dad kept making you feel uneasy. I promise it's not personal, he's like that to everyone but me and mom." I nodded,

"Where did you get your personality from? You're like the complete opposite to how your parents act."

"You think so? Mommy and daddy are really sweet when they're with me, they're just protective."

Of course they are. Danielle is too precious for this cruel world.

"You know, I actually had some trouble earlier trying to differentiate you from your mom. From afar, you guys look like twins!"

Danielle giggled at my statement. "I've heard that a lot before!" She snuggled into my chest. Her voice got softer and dimmer. "I'm so tired.." Which then followed with a big yawn before her eyes starts to close shut and her mind drifting to dreamland.

I kissed her forehead softly, "Goodnight."

Once you get discharged, I'll let you know about everything. Which means, our relationship will also end there.