Prologue

Marco Conti's POV

Ever since I got out of prison and my time with the secret organization was up, thanks to Liam and Mia, I didn't know what I wanted to do. I know that killing my father will leave my siblings, Kyle and Laura, with a heavy heart to look me in the eye.

I was in the Conti mansion in Rome while Kyle happily lived with his wife, Alina Dalca in Romania, overseeing things of the company from there, he said that he loved to be in the wild but with an Internet connection.

Laura and her husband, Lucca Giovanni, have happily lived in Milan during the weekends when Laura was not busy teaching her classes at Verona. I sighed as I looked at the sky of the night that was starless. Exactly what I was feeling right now.

"Hey," Laura knocked on the door as she went inside the room. Only she was still talking to me. Kyle, well, let's just say things were tense between us.

"Hey, having fun?" I asked her as she walked to the seat that I had occupied. I was reading a book that I was holding in my hand before I turned to look at the night sky for a while.

"Well, you don't come for dinner as the maid told you were feeling under the weather. So I thought I might come to check on you," she said as she crossed her arms and looked at the book that I was reading.

"How to kill a mockingbird, eh? Nice choice," she said as she smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Well, I could use some reading to put my mind at ease," I said as I closed the book before I stood from the chair and went to put the book on the bookshelves.

"You haven't eaten anything since lunch. Will you please eat even for a bit?" Laura asked me as she mentioned the food that I did not touch.

"Okay, I will but that was only because I want to, not because you told me to," I said as I pointed a finger at her. She laughed.

"Well, Lucca and I will turn in for bed now. I see you tomorrow," she said before she kissed my cheeks.

"Have a good night," she said as she walked toward the door.

"You too," I said as I went to look at her before she closed the door behind her. I sighed as I went to pick up the bag that I had packed for my journey. I needed to get out of here. I picked up my phone and dialed for Liam. I don't think Mia would mind about it.

"Hi, is this Liam Hunt?" I asked into the phone after two rings.

"This is he speaking, who are you?" He asked me as I was smiling when I looked at the sky.

"It's Marco. Hey, can you do me a favor?" I asked as I was smiling wickedly before he sighed at the end of the line.

"What is it?" He asked me. I smiled as I turned to look at the fake passport that I had. Marco Thorn was an immigrant from Italy to Greece.

"I want you to activate my fake ID for me," I said as I went to pick some of the clothes that were in my wardrobe. Most of them were black anyway, so it did not matter to me.

"What's the name?" He asked me as I could hear that he was typing something inside his laptop.

"Marco Thorn, I want to go to Greece," I said as I was zipping my bag and I took my wallet that had some extra money Euro and USD.

"Okay, and do I need to know why are you doing this right now?" He asked me as I chuckled. The clock showed it was 10:15 p.m.

"Well, I need to stretch my legs," I said as I zipped my hoodie and was ready to leave the compound through an underground tunnel.

"You know what? Forget that I ever ask," he replied. I smirked.

"I thought you never say that and please keep this away from Mia. She would freak out if she knew," I said as he knew how I felt about his wife. He grunted at me. I do love to stir something inside him. I smirked as I could imagine his face was red right now for not being able to punch me in the face.