Chapter 19

Anastasia Honchar's POV

"Wait!" I called after Marco as he was heading toward the front door. I held his arm but he yanked it free.

"You knew all this time but you don't dare to tell me. I should have known better than expecting a Femme Fatale to tell me something," he said before he was about to walk. I shouted something that made him stop on his track.

"I know where you can find Mia Duncan,"

He turned to look at me before he frowned. He turned around again before I said something that would make Alfred put acid on my tongue.

"I know how to break us free from them," I said. Marco stopped as he was thinking for a second. He has every right to be mad but not with me. He should be mad with Alfred and Val. They were the ones that were controlling our lives.

"If we want to defeat their leverage, we need to make ours better," I said as Marco was now turning his body to look at me. His scowl was there but his stand made all the difference that I needed.

"Just hear me out, please?" I said as I was pleading with him. I don't care. I have something in common between us that will make a difference in our future relationship if Marco still considers me his friend.

"I will listen to your proposal but I will not tell you if I want to join or not," he said before I smiled at him, hope was in the air.

"Yes, I just want you to listen. Now that every one of us has been out and about, I don't have anyone to talk to unless I talk to Val or Alfred but I rather drink acid than talk to them," I said as I was chuckling. Marco did not find it amusing. I cleared my throat before I asked for him to take a seat.

"What do you have in mind?" He asked me. I smiled at him before I went into my bedroom and I pulled out the plan that I had in advance before I headed out for their mission.

"Here, I have located everything that was a weakness and a point that we can make a bargain out of our situation," I said as I laid out the details blueprint but it was not a drawing. Instead, it was information that I had in my hand that could be used against Alfred and Val.

"You made all this? By yourself?" He asked me. I frowned.

"Why? You don't believe me?" I said as I was crossing my arms at him. He laughed. It was the first time that I heard him laugh so genuinely and it quickly ended just like that. I wished for more of that masculine laugh.

"So, do you have anything on me?" He asked. I blushed as I could not control the blood flow to my face, he smirked.

"Show me," he said. I chuckled nervously before I looked at him. He was staring at me.

"Please?" He begged. I cannot let him beg and he gets nothing in return. It was nice that way. I sighed before I motioned him to follow me.

"Come on," I said as I went to the guest room that I had turned into my laboratory. There was so much Pyrex that I cannot think I have not used and did not wash off the residue. I think I need to do that after this.

"Woah, I believe you when you said a chemist but this," he mentioned to my lab,

"This is what a true chemist does. Not working for some company that would not stay away from you," he said as he turned to look at me. I was staring at him as I was blinking a few times before I cleared my throat. I went inside and did not wait for him to follow me.

"Here," I said as I was pointing at the notes and drawings and all the files that I have on Marco Conti/Thorn. All his secrets and leverage that I can use to my advantage.