Chapter 15

Marco Conti's POV

"We have something that might help you with your case," the old man said as he was looking at me. I nodded.

"But you must do something in return for me," he added. I nodded again. If he wanted me to go run to Mount Everest, I would, and without oxygen.

"I want you to take my girl under your wing," he said as he slid a picture to me. I looked at it. It was a pretty old photo but the girl in it was not that old. She was barely 18 years old.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. He chuckled before he called for his assistant.

"T will help you to get set up. I know she can be a handful but I believe that you can make a difference in her life," he said as T just nodded at me before he put a file on top of mine.

"What is the meaning of this?" I asked as I took the files. It was all about my job at the organization and my past. The old man chuckled.

"Well, I can assure you that if you follow through with our proposition, your past and the packages that you have will be wiped clean like a clean slate. Isn't that what you want?" He asked me as he arched his eyebrow. I glanced at T and he nodded his head. I sighed.

"What do I have to do?" I asked him before the old man smiled at me.

*****

I woke up with a start. I don't think that I would be having those dreams again. The dreams that have been making a promise if I followed it through. I rubbed my face with my hands when I glanced at the clock.

3 AM. I sighed. It must be hard to fall back to sleep again so I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to get some water. It was dark as I don't usually put on lights inside my house when I was asleep. It distracted me.

I went to the kitchen took a glass and filled it with water. I drank it and emptied it in record time. I put it down before I sighed. I was taking a deep breath when I heard a noise behind my back. I smirked. I turned to see she was standing there.

"Hello, Anna. Rough night?" I asked her as she was looking at me. She was sitting on the stool that was on the counter. I did try to hide where I was but she found me in record time.

"Tell me more," she said. I arched my eyebrow before she sighed.

"Tell me more about the drug that you were exposed to," she said as she stood up from the stool. She went to my side and took the glass as she went to wash it. I was taken aback that I cannot form words in my mouth right now. I cleared my throat.

"Right, umm, it's a long list—"

"I got time," she cut me off. I arched my eyebrows even more.

"Well, why don't we sit so I can tell you the rest of my innovation?" I said as I went to switch on the lights. She stopped me.

"No, let's just sit in the dark for a while," she said as she was holding my hand. I looked at her like she was out of her character. Did Marco Thorn do something to her that she was being tender to me? I wondered.

"Well? Are you going to tell me or not?" She asked me before I shook my head and smiled at her. We went to sit at the stools around the counter. I put my hands on it as I sighed.

"It all began when I was just starting to find jobs after university. I was intrigued by the idea of creating my own company but I don't want to follow into my family's business," I said. Anna arched her eyebrow at me.

"What kind of business?"

"Hotel, casinos, lodges, stuff like that. After all, my brother, Kyle already has that covered," I said. She just looked at me before I continued.