Chapter 23

Anastasia Honchar's POV

My heart had been beating non-stop as Marco was driving through the city. I did not dare to look at him as I knew he would see the desire in my eyes. I cannot let him have that advantage against my own. So, I took a deep breath as I looked outside the window.

The nightlife of Athens was one to remember. So many people were cruising through the city and I was wondering about my wedding night with Marco as we were approaching his house, even though I didn't know where it was.

"Cara, we will arrive in 15 minutes. Why are you so quiet?" He asked me as he looked at me briefly. I sighed as I looked at him because we were stopping at a traffic light. He was smirking at me.

"Don't tell me you don't want this in our deal?" He asked me but I think he already knew that answer because his eyes were holding amusement in them.

"Well, I cannot say that I was looking for it, it's just—"

"Just what?" He asked me as he took my hand before kissing the back of it. The lights turned to green and I urged him to go before we were being honked by other vehicles.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I will not force you, cara mia," he said as he rested my hand on his thigh as he gripped it. I thought the gesture was sweet but maybe he was trying to lure me in with it.

"Well, we got married. I know that we will consummate it sooner or later, whether I like it or not," I said as I was looking at the cozy house that was coming into view when Marco made a left turn. The gate opened automatically and I was astonished by the view.

It was nothing like I would imagine a person like Marco would stay here. It was quaint and small, nothing like the personality that I would associate with Marco. Maybe I don't know about him that much yet.

"This is a gift from my father to my mother when they first got married. After they died, my brother, Kyle put it under my name," he said as he parked the car in front of the house. He switched it off before he went out and went to my side to open the door for me.

"Thank you," I said as I was holding his hand as I got out of the car. I was taken aback by the chill air of Greece when I was rubbing my arms together. It was a mistake to wear a summer dress even though it was summer.

"Oh, here," he said as he shrugged off his jacket and put it around my shoulder. I thanked him as his heat was lingering around my body. I took in his scent. Masculine and musky. It was nice to have that kind of smell around me.

"Shall we go inside?" He asked me as he offered me his arm. I gladly took it as I went to walk with him.

"Who lives here?" I asked. He chuckled before he took out the keys and went to unlock the keys.

"No one, but I have notified my staff that we will be living here. They have come to check everything while we were out, so it was okay for us to live here for a couple of days," he said as he pushed the door open and we walked in. He put the keys on the counter that was near the door before he switched on the lights.

I blinked a few times to adjust to the lights before everything came to view. It was a nice little cottage inside. The sofas were arranged around the coffee table that was in front of the television, there was an open kitchen and there was a door that leads to the bathroom.

I don't see any room left but when we walked inside a bit, there was a massive bed that was beside the bathroom door. It was a queen-sized bed and it was draped in satin, colored emerald green, just like his eyes. My core heated up at the thought before I cleared my throat. Marco looked at me concerned.