Chapter 3

Anastasia Honchar's POV

After I caught the real ID of Marco Thorn, I didn't turn it in. I don't know why. Usually, I would love to get out of the job as quickly as possible but this time, I think I wanted to see him again but under different circumstances.

I was walking down to the pharmaceutical company when Alfred asked Val to ask me to investigate. Considering that my specialty was Chemistry, making poison and drugs for the agents that will go on a mission, it would be nice to go there for an interview that conveniently appeared in my mail.

I gritted my teeth as I was in Greece before I made my move to get to the interview. And to my surprise, Val was at the safe house as well.

"Val," I asked him as he was typing away on his computer. Seriously, in one day, I never see him running off somewhere or doing anything other than typing over his computer.

"What's up?" He asked me. I showed him the offer letter that I had an interview tomorrow at 11 AM.

"What's this? I never ask for a job interview but apparently, fate has another thing for me," I said as I put the letter on the table. He just looked at it as if it was no big deal.

"So, what about it?" I asked him.

"What about what?" He replied. I rolled my eyes.

"This," I pointed at the letter. "Do you have anything to do with this?" I asked him as he just looked at me, bored to death. Sometimes, I wanted to smack that guy.

"Well, if you asked me, I was not the one that applied it for you, Alfred did," he said as he pointed at me before crossing his arms at me. I rolled my eyes. He smirked before I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Alfred was far away from us, ocean big and he still has the time to do this, I mean, come on, he was in jail!" I asked him as I looked at him. He arched his eyebrow at me.

"So, that did not stop him from getting what he wanted," he said as he returned to typing on his computer. I closed it and took it.

"Hey, that's mine," he hissed at me. I smirked at him.

"Can you get me to talk to him?" I asked sweetly as I bathed my eyelashes at him. He was narrowing his eyes at me.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked skeptically.

"Well, I think it was due time I talked to my guardian, right?" I smiled before he ordered me to give him his laptop so that he could reach him. I thanked him before I went to the phone and he connected me to Alfred.

"Is Pluto a planet?" He asked. I smiled as I heard his voice. It was soothing, to say the least.

"No, because it has been going off from its axis," I said as he chuckled on the phone.

"Well, well, look who's back in the game, huh?" He asked me as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, and who's fault is that?" I replied before he laughed. I smiled as I listened to his voice.

"What happened to you?" I asked him as he knew that I had been dying to ask him. He sighed.

"Well, Sabrina was in bad condition and our condition has been worse than before. My friend has a speck of dirt on me, so here I am, giving myself up for the sake of you guys," he said as I gripped the phone.

"You don't have to do this. We all can just hide and start over," I said as I was not trying to burst into tears. He sighed again.

"No, it's the right thing to do and I don't want you guys to be in trouble. I will take all the blame and you guys will walk out freely," he said as I could hear he was coughing.