Chapter 7

Anastasia Honchar's POV

I tossed and turned in my bed when the sunlight was hitting my eyes. I squirmed before I opened my eyes slowly. I was lying in bed, in the room that I was kidnapped to but there was no sign of Marco. I looked around consciously before I went out of bed. Thank goodness I was fully clothed.

I went to the bathroom and saw there was no trace of him before I went to the room again. I looked around but found nothing. Even his trace of ever coming here was gone. I shrugged before I went to my handbag as I was looking for my ID. Wait a minute. I searched and searched but it was gone. I gritted my teeth.

"Strange! That sneaky scum," I said before I looked for my wallet and phone. They were there, on the night table. I sighed with relief before I went to make a phone call. Time to call Val for help. He answered after two rings.

"Hello, sis. How is it going?" He asked as I rolled my eyes at his tone. He was such a laid-back guy.

"Hello, Val. Can you do me a favor?" I asked him before he chuckled.

"You know, you're the second person to ask for a favor today."

"Oh, and who's the first one?" I asked him as curiosity got the best of me. He chuckled.

"No can do, Anna. Okay, so what is the favor that you were asking for?" He asked me. I gripped my phone tighter.

"Yeah, that's a funny thing. I happened to lose my ID so can you make another? Please? With a cherry on top?" I asked him as I prayed that he would not scream at me. Instead, he laughed out loud. I groaned at him.

"Wait, are you serious? Anna, how can you be so—"

"I know, I know. It's not even one day and I already lost it. Can you save me that speech later so that I can go back to my hotel room?" I asked him as I looked at the key card for my room. Thank god, it was still there. Val sighed.

"Fine, I will send it tomorrow and make sure that this one, you did not lose it or I might have to tell Alfred about it," he said as he threatened me. I ignored it.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much. I love you! Okay, I got to go. See you soon," I said before he could say anything.

"Anna—" was cut off before I went out of the room with the keys and I went to put it on the counter. I was thankful that there was no one there and I sneaked out of the building. I think Marco stole that key before he could even pay. He was not that kind of man after all.

I walked down the street as I went to the cafe to get some coffee and some pastries to fill my stomach before I could take a relaxing bath and ordered room service back in my room. I needed to get out more.

It took place at the cafe as I looked around. I put my sunglasses on as the Mediterranean sun was lovely this morning. I enjoyed my coffee before I threw it away and walked back to the hotel.

It was not a busy morning but some people were running here and there to get supplies, mostly farmers. I wondered if they have farmers' markets around here.

I shook my head as that idea only existed in England. No, Greece did not have one. They preferred to have something more authentic and exclusive for tourists as well as for locals.

I smiled as I walked down the aisle and I was walking past the aisle where I was being attacked. I stopped for a moment as I went to look for bodies and blood. There was none. I took off my glasses to see more clearly but it was all gone.

"Strange!" I said as I went to look at the dumpster and the wall. It was awful, sure, but there was no sign of murder from last night.

"Who is that guy?" I looked before a voice spoke behind me.

"Well, you're early," I turned and saw who it was.

Marco.

Marco Conti's POV

After I told T to get me into Apollo's Life, I went to clean up the mess that I had done last night. I needed to work fast before someone could come. So, after I left the room, I went to the alley and cleaned those shit up. I even used some of the great options that I have created to let the blood disappear.

It was a very handful potion.

"I see that you have cleaned your mess, Mr. Thorn," Anna said with disgust. I smirked at her as I knew how she detested it. I smirked even more often now to spite her but also to see her fire ignited within her eyes.

I was leaning against the wall as I looked at Anna. She was roaming around the area of the crime scene when I knew that I should be warier of her motives but seeing that she was about to get to her hotel, maybe I should tag along.

"Going home?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes as her hands were on her hips.

"I believe I don't have to answer that. We might have a deal but it's only for my training and at night time. It is morning as you can see," she said as I shrugged before walking toward her. She held her ground.

"That might be true, my dear, but now that I have something important to you, you are under my command now," I said. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Is that so? You think you have the upper hand here?" She said as she smirked at me. I looked lazily at her as her auburn hair was glistening under the sun and how much my hands ached to touch it.

"Well, I should get going now. I have to go to work as you can see, that's what normal people do," she said before she started to walk toward the exit. I blocked her way.

"Please step aside, sir," she said as she looked at me, ready to act when she felt threatened against my height and body. I smirked at her.

"Where's my ID?"

"I told you I don't have it,"

"And why should I trust you?" I asked her as I arched my eyebrow at her.

"And why should I trust you as well? After all, you were the bad guy here, blackmailing a woman in the middle of the street and kidnapping her while she was unconscious. If I scream now, police will attack you and take you down, Thorn," she said as she was breathing heavily. I chuckled darkly before her eyes narrowed at me again.

"Very well, Ms. Honchar. Well played. You may pass," I stepped aside as she walked past me.

"For now," I said before I went to disappear behind the blocks. It was a dead-end but before she could see where I was going, I was gone.

It was high noon when I was inside my hotel room, the original one that I had been renting ever since my ID was gone. I had retrieved it back. It was not hard to get inside Anna's room when I knew where it was. And I might have a little visit tonight.

"I see that you have that ID back," someone was saying as I opened the door to my suite. I sighed. I really should upgrade my security this time.

"T, what are you doing here?" I asked him as I went to the sofa before I relaxed my aching muscles that were sore because of the lifting this morning.

"Well, you look terrible," he said with amusement in his eyes. I turned sharply at him as I was leaning onto the sofa. I rubbed my face before I looked at him, bored.

"Don't you have something better to do?" I asked him as he was looking at his phone. His smile died.

"Well, now that you asked me, I did have work do to. And you. Better make sure this room is safe or you might have a visit tonight," he said as he went to the door. I smirked.

"I was hoping to get that but apparently, she did not take my bait," I said before T laughed and went out of the room. I sunk into the sofa as I was closing my eyes.

"I need to go to work," Anna's voice was playing in my mind as her big blue eyes were saying something else. I opened my eyes before I smiled to myself. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

I waited and waited as I went to flip through the channel. I had just watched a documentary about the first human in America before I flipped again and saw a documentary about World War II. I was yawning before I looked at the clock. It was at 9 PM. I smiled.

Time to pay a little visit.