Chapter 1

Anastasia Honchar's POV

"Wait, why do I have to do this job? Could it be better if Mia does it instead?" I asked Valentino as he was typing something onto his freaking laptop. He will not go anywhere without it.

"Well, besides that Mia was now not with us anymore, Alina has to do some shit and Sabrina was across the Atlantic ocean, I think you will be the perfect one. And besides, Alfred asked you to do it," Val used that name to get the upper hand. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, what about Camila?" I asked him.

"What about her?"

"Well, she is an active agent and still with the organization. Can't you send her instead? I have some work to do," apart from trying to find the cure for an unborn vampire child and other stuff. Val laughed at me.

"Hey, it's Alfred. You should talk to him if you want out," he said as he pointed at me. He knows that I would rather kill myself than talk to that crazy man. I grunted as I crossed my arms.

"I would rather kill myself," I said before Val smirked at me. He was getting on my nerves sometimes.

"And besides, Camila was on another assignment so you are the only one that is available right now," Val said as he looked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, fine. You win. What should I do?" I asked him as I took a seat in the chair and he put up the information on the big screen.

"We have recently found that someone has activated an older account that we have been trying to get to. His name was Marco Thorn. He is wanted in 70 countries and one of them is Greece. We have identified that he is moving to Greece as we speak right now," Val said as he looked at me. The image of this Marco guy was all blurry, he never showed a face. I grimaced.

"How can we be sure it was him if we don't have a face of him?" I asked Val before he smiled at me.

"Our informant had identified that he was taking a train to Greece tonight. So, I want you to go get him anything that you can find on him. An identity, the real one, as we know that he might be hiding something that will be very important, and if it went to the wrong hand, the government will be exposed to threats from all over the world," Val said as he looked at me. I pursed my lips as I was thinking about this guy.

"So, I will follow him and then try to get something from him?" I asked him as he showed me a passport and an identification.

"From now on, you will be Anna Horns. A visitor from England to Greece. He would not suspect a thing as you never showed your face to the public," he said before he closed his laptop.

"Yeah, because I prefer the dark basement to interact with people," I said before I stood up. I went to the door and I looked back at him.

"At least in the basement, I am creating wonders," I said before I went to my room. I took out all the necessary things that I needed to catch this guy, or maybe follow him to uncover him. I have to prepare somehow. I know I can rely on my chemistry whizz but I guess I have to rely on weapons too.

I went to put my daggers in the sheath at the belt around my waist and the strap ankle that I wore. I put everything that I need to encounter this guy. Val did not tell me all the details but I think I can have everything ready for myself.

Once I was done with my weapons, I went to choose a hoodie and black denim before I put on my sneakers. I needed to look the part but considering that he was traveling at night, I will not try to be fancy and all that. Once I got dressed, I went out of the room and Val was ready to send me off.

"Ready?" He asked me as I went to the passenger seat.

"Let's get this over with," I said as I slid into the car.