Chapter 10

Anastasia Honchar's POV

I woke up, startled as my dream was so vivid that I had dinner with Marco and everything about me getting drunk and all the stuff that happened in the dream. Only it was not a dream after I saw a note on my night table.

I see you later, cara mia, and don't forget to eat your medicine ~ M

I groaned as I knew what I had got myself into. I embarrassed myself in front of my mark and now he thought that he owned me. I laughed bitterly. I wanted the earth to open and swallow me alive. Then, my phone rang. It was an international number before I picked it up. I know who it was.

"Hello, Alfred," I said as I was getting up from the bed. I could sense that he was laughing silently at me at the end of the line. I rolled my eyes before I took a glass of water beside my bed and drank it.

"Well, hello, my dear. How was the new job holding up?" He said. I groaned. Which job was he talking about?

"The real one or the cover that you asked me to do?" I asked him after I cleared my throat for a while. Much better. He laughed.

"Well, it depends on you. Which one is the real one?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes at his question but I preferred not to answer it.

"Anyway, I was calling to ask about the progression of your job," he said as I could sense something was amiss in his question.

"I don't know. I just started working and I don't know if I can uncover the truth in 48 hours. Are you sure you don't want to send someone else because I might need a hand?" I said as I got out of bed and went to the wardrobe to get my work clothes. I was already running late.

"Well, I don't know about that—"

"Listen, Alfred, I need to get ready and all that. So, can I call you back?" I asked him as I was hoping that he got the message that I needed more details before I could draw a conclusion or perhaps do something about that company and perhaps even Marco.

Marco.

My thoughts were running with him right now. How he smiled at me as he was looking into my eyes. How he lit up everything in his way and how he did not do anything that anyone told him to.

But he made a deal with me. To train me. Why he did do that?

That thought made me question what his motive was, what he possibly gained from that, and why he was willing to help his enemy, perhaps a competitor. I shrugged that thought away before I went to take a quick shower as I was already running late.

I was walking down the lobby when I saw a familiar figure. Val was lounging on the sofa as he raised his coffee mug at me. I walked toward him. I can spare a few minutes.

"Hey, sister. How are you?" Val asked me as I hugged him. It was good to see a familiar face.

"So, did you get it? Did you have it?" I asked him as he was looking at me lazily before he smirked at me.

"I might but what's in it for me?" He asked. I know that he would always do something for me in return he will get something from my potion.

"Well, I might have something that made people forget what they have done in 48 hours," I said as I took out the vial that contained my potion. My perfect first potion. I did not know that it would work until I asked Sabrina to test it. After she took it, she did not remember what she did in the last 48 hours. Now, that would be worth something.

"Well, good enough. I thought I had something stronger but I guess that will work for me," he said before he exchanged my passport with that vial. He smiled at me as I was looking at him. He seemed...happy.