Day 7: Smalltown Bar & Jukebox - MooCat

Brock checked his watch, sighing. He was supposed to be meeting Evan here, but he was almost two hours late. He figured something had come up, but why didn't he text?

He rolled his eyes to himself and ordered himself a beer at the bar, sitting on a stool and scrolling his Twitter feed. He'd have a few drinks then go home, he hadn't wanted to come out in the first place.

Someone sat next to him, a groan of frustration falling from his lips. Brock eyed him from the corner of his eye curiously, watching as the man waved the bartender down and ordered a double shot of whiskey.

He threw them back as soon as they were set in front of him, sighing to himself. "Bad day?" Brock asked and the man glanced at him, shrugging.

"A bit. People piss me off, you know? Why are you here alone?" He asked and Brock shrugged. "I was supposed to be meeting my friend here, but he didn't show," he said and the man made a face, ordering another shot.

"I'm Brock, by the way," he said and the man nodded, throwing the third shot back. "I'm Tyler. I've never seen you here before, you new in town?" He asked and Brock shrugged.

"I'm from Utah, I'm down visiting some friends. Or supposed to be, I have no idea where Evan is and Smiity got sick, so John is taking care of him. Kind of a shit trip, if you ask me," he mumbled and Tyler shrugged.

"Well, if you need someone to sit and wallow in the bullshit with, I don't mind," he said with a wink and Brock laughed. "I appreciate it," he said amused and Tyler grinned, twirling to sit facing Brock as he leaned against the counter.

"Tell me about yourself," Tyler asked curiously and Brock shrugged, taking a drink from his beer. "I'm an open book, what you want to know?" He said and Tyler hummed.

"You got a girl?" He asked and Brock chuckled. "Not interested in them," he said with a shrug. "Oh? You got a boy then?" Tyler asked and Brock shook his head, chuckling again.

"I'm not a very social person, which is kind of required to date. I'm also not about all those dating apps, too many weirdos on them," he said and Tyler nodded in agreement.

"I get that for sure. My boyfriend just broke up with me last month, didn't explain why. He's part of the reason why I'm here today, he showed up at my work to just talk shit at me," he grumbled and Brock winced, giving him a look of sympathy.

"What an ass," Brock said and Tyler laughed, nodding. "He was always an ass, but back then, I don't know, it was endearing. Now, I just want to break his face in," he said with a sigh and Brock laughed.

He looked around the room as people danced around the dance floor, some 90's country playing on the jukebox. He hummed along to the song playing absent-minded, taking another drink of his beer.

"Hey uh, wanna dance?" Tyler asked curiously and Brock looked over, smiling faintly at the awkwardly shy look on the others face.

He took another drink and set his beer down, jumping off the stool and holding his hand out. Tyler perked up and took it, leading him over to the dance floor.

Amazed by Lonestar came on as they joined the other dancers, Tyler chuckling softly as he turned to place his hands on Brock's waist. Brock wound his arms around Tyler's shoulders, a bit of a stretch as he was considerably taller than him.

They spun around the floor, surprisingly comfortable with each other. The song ended and Watermelon Crawl came on, the two laughing as they separated and took each others hands.

They danced silly together, twirling around the other laughing couples. For nearly an hour the two just danced together, both flushed from laughter.

Finally Tyler dragged Brock off the dance floor and out the door, moving to the side of the building. They were both still laughing, smiling faintly at each other.