Day 27: Ending without a Beginning

Delirious stood, facing the man he thought was his best friend, his partner, his other half. Brown eyes stared at him through the eyes of an owl mask, the yellow smeared with blood.

"Why?" Delirious whispered and those brown eyes hardened. "Why? Did you think of that three years ago when you killed Wildcat? Or Moo? Or Fourzer0seven? Did you even think of why you were doing it?" He asked flatly, those names ringing faintly in Delirious' ears.

"You knew them," Delirious whispered, a dry, cold laugh coming from the other. "They were my brothers in every way that counted. And my other brothers, Nogla, Terroriser and Basically. They lost it. Panda vanished, Smii7y and Kryoz joined another gang.

"But me? I found you. I gained your trust, made you trust me. Made you love me. I admit, I had my moments I thought I was falling for you too. But then I remembered why I'd found you in the first place, and I couldn't figure out how that man lined up with the man I was with everyday.

"But last week. You snuck out, said you were going to find your brother. I followed you, you know? You did find your brother, Cartoonz was it? I'd recognise that mask anywhere, it was in the camera feed when you sliced Moo's neck.

"I followed you some more. You found Terroriser. I admit, I was surprised, I thought I'd hidden him well, but you found him. I bet you didn't expect him to get away, but I had to help him. He's still my brother after all," Vanoss said calmly, casually cleaning the blood off his blade.

Delirious refused to look down, not wanting to see his longest friends body on the ground. "Why Cartoonz?" He asked quietly, Vanoss chuckling flatly.

"What better justice than knowing your best friend is dead? Your brother is dead?" He asked, Delirious clenching his jaw.

Those brown eyes he thought he knew so well traced his face, no hint of emotion in them. It unsettled him, used to how Vanoss- no Evan's face had always been so expressive, so happy.

"I'm sorry," Delirious whispered, Vanoss not reacting as he slipped the knife into his pocket. "Sorry doesn't bring my family back, Delirious," he said flatly, the smaller man flinching.

"I'm not going to kill you. I don't think I can. I've dreamt of it for 3 years, but I know you now. But know this, Delirious, if I ever catch you near me or the rest of my family, you'll be joining Cartoonz here," Vanoss said, a hint of darkness creeping into his tone.

"Just kill me, Evan," Delirious whispered and Vanoss flinched, his shoulders tensing. "Don't call me Evan again, Jon. That man is dead to you. Goodbye," he said, anger creeping into his tone as he turned his back on him.

Delirious stumbled forward, bare feet soaked with his brothers blood. "Ev- Vanoss, please," he whispered and Vanoss just kept walking. Delirious watched as he left, the door closing behind him with a thud of finality.

He was gone.

Hmm, does that count as an ending? Idk, it's intense though. I hope yall enjoyed! Kisses!!

~Banana