Day 21 - Dreaming - Delirious

Jon was on a plane, sitting next to Luke. He watched as the runway vanished from under them, excitement in his heart. It was only an hour and a half flight, and he couldn't wait to land.

Luke grinned at him, nudging him with his elbow. "Ready man?" He asked and Jon nodded, hands wrapped around his carry on. "More than ready, this has been coming for a long time," he said and Luke grinned.

The flight went by smoothly, touchdown happening before Jon even realised it. They followed procedure, thankful they were near the front. Jon flung his bag over his shoulder and followed Luke off the plane.

They headed through the airport, Jon looking around curiously. "Jon, look," Luke whispered and he looked over, seeing Evan, Tyler and Anthony standing there. They caught sight of Luke and grinned, Evan's eyes falling on him first.

The Canadians eyes lit up and he sprinted forward, gathering Jon into a tight hug. "Holy fuck you're here! You're actually here!" He hissed and Jon laughed, hugging his best friend back just as tight.

"Oh fuck, everyone's going to be so fucking excited. Come on, let's go get your bag and get to Tyler's house," Evan said enthusiastically, tugging Jon by the arm to baggage claim.

Jon picked up his suitcase and followed the small group to a truck, Tyler getting into the driver's and Anthony in the passenger. Jon sat between Luke and Evan, the latter chattering excitedly away.

Jon followed along amused, managing to slip a word in every few sentences. They pulled up to a large house, Jon recognizing several of their friends on the porch.

He and Luke got out, Luke waving as Jon took a deep breath and stepped out from behind him. Brian, Brock, Nogla, Scotty and Marcel all sprinted forward, Jon finding himself enveloped in a large group hug.

He burst out laughing, trying to pat everyone on the arm in return. They all let him breath, everyone talking over him as Evan wrapped an arm over his shoulders and led him inside to meet Tyler's other friends.

Jon couldn't believe it'd taken him this long to meet his friends, and settled himself in for a long, happy week.

Jon woke up, blinking at the ceiling of his bedroom. His heart lingered with that happy, fulfilling emotion, his thoughts racing.

Maybe that's how it actually would be. His friends did want to meet him, they'd said several times. Maybe...

He sat up and pulled his laptop into his lap, typing quickly away. 620$ for a round trip to Tennessee, he could handle that. Maybe he could surprise his friends?

He called Luke, hands shaking. "You're up early, what's up?" Luke asked and Jon said, "I'm buying a ticket, I want to go." Luke sat quietly a moment, Jon twirling the cord to his charger in his fingers.

"Fuck, okay. Give me a minute and I'll get a ticket too. Let's do this then. We surprising them?" He asked and Jon sighed in relief. "Yeah, let's do this," he said and Luke laughed.

"I'm proud of you man, really. I'll see you in a couple hours," he said and Jon said his goodbyes before hanging up. He pressed buy, his phone lighting up a moment later with an email.

This was it. He was finally meeting his friends. Who knew all it would take was a dream to kick him into gear?

That's good, short and sweet. I hope yall enjoyed! Kisses!!

~Banana