5.

Lando POV

Daniel was right; I was moping.  I thought a hot shower and watching re-runs of the office in bed would sort my foul mood out, but it turns out my entire mood now hangs in the balance of a text message. 

What has Lottie Hill done to me?

I throw another Malteser in the air to catch in my mouth when my phone rings, almost choking on it. 

Lottie 🩷 calling

"Hello?" I answer quickly- too quickly as i let out a small chorus of coughs to try swallow the chocolate.

"Hi... Are you-" she sounds concerned, "Is everything alright?!"

I sip some water and catch my breath, "yeah i'm fine i just... Promise you wont laugh? I just choked on a Malteser"

Lottie chuckles and i close my eyes in relief at the wave of adoration that washes over me, i loved her laugh. 

"You be careful Norris! Or are you trying to off yourself so you dont have to talk to me?"

"Well actually I have been trying to talk to you today-"

"I know thats why I called!" she cuts me off, she sounds excited, almost breathless "I've been in the studio all night working on this new song and Lan its just... Ah its pure magic! We finished it in 12 hours!"

I try to match her excitement but the insecurity burns up me.  Maybe I'll never be enough for her, the music, the attractive peers, the world tours that span months and months.  I don't know what i'm getting myself into-

"Lan?" Lottie asks again "Are you with me?"

I shake out of my spiralling thoughts "yeah sorry!" I correct myself and smile even though she can't see me "I'm glad your studio session went good!"

"I know, but i just wanted to apologise Lan, my phone died and i was so in the zone i've only just recharged it after i woke up" she says sincerely and her tone alleviates my anxiety. 

"Lan, I have to tell you something"

Too soon.  The anxiety spikes back up. 

I almost stutter, "yeah? Whats up?" I ask as i try to sound as calm as possible. 

There is a slight pause as she sighs "last night when you mentioned you were going out with someone... I got jealous."

My heart races as the warmth spreads through my chest and I cant help the smile that comes; im almost beaming "ridiculously jealous if i'm honest."

I try not to let my amusement show as i hum in agreement. 

"Can i be honest?" I ask her as she stutters a soft of course.

"I was miserable today because i thought you'd had enough of me"

She laughs incredulously "Lando, i would never have enough of you" she sighs wistfully again "the problem is I cant get enough of you actually"

My breath hitches "Problem?" i manage to say.

I can hear her smile "what a pair we are"

"I wasnt with anyone" I clarify "not like that anyway. Just one of my best friends"

I hear her let out a relieved breath 

"And is there anyone you want to be with... like that?"

"I think you know who I want to be with like that Miss Hill"