15.

The nerves wreak havoc within me as I sit on a breakfast stool and watch through the window at Lando outside on his phone to his management team.  After the initial shock, he pretty much out his game face on and got to it.  Unfazed, calm and resilient, I watch as he nods and listens attentively to what his team says.  He talks animatedly with his hands, driving down a point with firmness.  If i wasnt so anxious I think I would be turned on. 

A few minutes pass and he finally comes back in with a long sigh. 

"There's press outside HQ" he announces as he places his phone on the kitchen island "it should be fine though, they've arranged a car to tame me straight to the entrance and inside"

I close my eyes. 

"Lottie?" Lando asks slowly.  I hear him walk towards me and his hands gently rest on my shoulders.

My eyes open and I can feel the tears burning there "Lan, I am so sorry about all of this"

"Hey" he coos, his soft hands on either side of my face, "you've got nothing to be sorry for, alright?"

"No, but I should've been more careful-"

"Again, not your fault" he interjects as his thumb strokes my jaw.  He tilts his head to study me, "tell me what's wrong"

I sigh as I lean in to his touch. 

"I just wanted it to be normal" I say honestly, "just me and you for a while." My jaw clenches as I look down to my own phone, the calls swarming in, "and now its me, you and everyone"

"I thought you said you werent into polyamory?" he tries to joke and I give him a small smile, truly charmed. "There's my pretty girl" he says sweetly as he pokes my dimple.  He leans in to kiss my forehead. "Please dont worry about me, I can handle it"

"I'm just so annoyed about it" I say again as I shake my head, the initial anger returning again. 

Lando's hands come down to my shoulders where he starts to gently massage, "calm down" he says softly and I manage to relax a little.  I struggle to look at him, my mood seriously souring. "You've had press hound you for years, what's so different now?" he questions lightly. 

"It's just..." I huff and shake my head before finally looking up to those steely blue eyes I adore so much. He looks at me with such concern and fondness I could burst. "Everything's different now" I confess as my hands wrap around his waist, needing to touch him. "It's you"

"I know you dont need protecting but you're the most important person in my life" I add sincerely, lost in how breathtakingly gorgeous he always is, "I love you"

He smiles with crinkly eyes, the happiness beaming out of him as he leans down to give me a chaste kiss. "You are too romantic for you're own good, Hill"

He murmurs against my lips and gives me another quick kiss, "I love you too" he pulls back with a small laugh, "I cant get enough of saying that"

I grin at him and immediately relax, my anger from earlier dissipating with her in my arms, "Me neither" I lean up and pull him into me again, initiating a deeper kiss this time. 

"At least there's no cameras round for this"

We quickly part as my manager Jennifer walks into the kitchen, her brow raised. 

"J-Lo" I greet cheekily. 

"Charms not getting you out of this one Charlotte" she quips back as she sets her coat over one of the stools and places her laptop bag on the table. 

"Worth a try" I let go of Lando as him and Jennifer greet each other with pleasant hello's.  Jennifer opens her laptop and logs in and I spin on my chair to ask her, "whats the damage?"