38.

It's finally happening- Lottie and I are planning our housewarming party together. I've been eagerly waiting for this moment, and now our new place is all set up, it's time to celebrate.

At first, I imagine the cozy gathering with just a few close friends and family members. However, once Lottie got involved, the plans escalated. She's determined to make this party unforgettable. From hiring a DJ to book in catering, her excitement is contagious, and I can't help but smile at her enthusiasm.

She's gone puff and beyond, catering for everyone's tastes, and even including a ball pit and a bouncy castle for the kids. But let's be real, I know deep down that those fun additions are secretly for her. It's just one of the many reasons why I love her.

***   ***

I finish getting ready and into the bedroom, Lottie is lounging on the bed, scrolling through her phone, looking stunning in a gold crop top and flared trousers. She notices me and does a double take.

"Wow" she whispers, setting up to shamelessly, admire me from head to toe.

" Thank you baby!" I reply, blushing at her gaze as I grab my watch from the dresser " You look amazing yourself" I say, watching her at the compliment "I thought we were going for low-key outfits"

"Maybe I can't do. I would say this is one of the more subtle outfits, though" Lottie says with a smirk, approaching me with a look of desire in her eyes. She playfully holds her hand up like a phone and pretends to dial, "ring ring" she jokes, pressing her hand to her ear, " go on, ask who's calling!"

Burst into laughter, playing along  " Hello, who's calling?"

Lauren mischievously  " catcalling" she declares, swiftly, giving my backside to playful slap with the same hand " it should be illegal to look this good"

" I'm just wearing a casual out" I see with a white smile and a shock of my shoulders, knowing the impact that my outfit would have on her, the second, I bought it. She pulls me in by my waist, pressing me flush against her body.

"Casual my arse" cheer remarks, as if she's seen right through me " honestly, though, you could wear anything and I'd still want you" shimmer, nuzzling into my neck and showering me with sweet kisses, " even those grandad clogs"

"Another day, another clog critique" I reply with a playful eye roll, secretly, enjoying the banter.

She pulls back with a grin and plants of gentle kiss on my lips, " don't want to mess up my lip gloss"

"That's never stopped you" I tease

"Well, we have to make good impressions tonight, right?" She says, her smile, revealing her excitement about hosting a party together "I can't wait to show you off to my friends"

" I'll do my best" I see nervously. I've heard a lot about what is American friends, who have flown in for the occasion, but I have yet to meet them.

"They will adore you" she says confidently

***   ***

As I watch the first guest trickling, my heart gives a beat when I see Laura , his best friend from the state, Riley making her appearance. She has followed by her husband, Matt, and their adorable three-year-old daughter Ivy, who happens to be Lottie's goddaughter.  I've met them all plenty of times over FaceTime, but seeing them in person fills me with a mix of excitement and nerves.

Riley and her family walking to our house with beaming smiles, and I can't help, but feel a surge of warmth at the side of them. Ivy's eyes widen as she takes in new surroundings, her little hand tightly, gripping her mother's.