23.

Danny Ric :  Hey hey superstar, time for a quick catch up before the show tonight?

Me: hey bestie 🫶 i'm going into sound check in half an hour and then i have a few bits and bobs to sort before the show, you could come down to sound check and we could have a coffee in my dressing room? 

Danny Ric: Sounds like a plan, see you soon x

lottiehill posted to her story!

"Sound check time... can't wait to see you all tonight x"

Las Vegas over the past week had passed like a blur. My already terrible mood was exacerbated by the knowledge that Lando was here. Putting on an act has always been second nature to me, so when Mason reached out, I figured that it would be good to use him as a distraction. I couldn't help but think of Lando whenever Mason touched me, even after everything he had done. 

I longed for his touch.  

Like usual, I found solace in music while I was going through tough times. I simply did not anticipate that I would be performing them in front of Lando this time around. I chose to be the mature one and stick to my word since I had already committed to doing the show before we broke up. I was aware that all the drivers were expected to attend since it was to promote the new race in Vegas. Not only did I compose these songs following our breakup, but I also included a couple from the time when we were happy.

***   ***

My eyes well up with tears as I stand here on stage, trying to process all that is about to happen in the next several hours. Even though I was enjoying myself with Mason, the songs were so vulnerable and I had never played them in front of an audience before. If I'm going to cry when singing these songs, I might as well do it now, in private, while I'm doing the sound check.

I am able to get through the first four songs with only a few tears and nothing too dramatic, until I get to Bigger Than The Whole Sky, the first song I composed after Lando.

Lando's POV  

Daniel had texted Lottie to let her know he was on his way to her sound check so they could meet up. In my eagerness to get ready for the songs I was sure she had written, I convinced Carlos to accompany me so I could get a glimpse at her rehearsal.