42.

After the spontaneous proposal, the reality sinks in that we will only have a brief time together before I leave for Italy, We decide to keep our engagement a secret for now, sharing the news only with my mum. Lottie seems worried that I might not be happy with the situation, but I reassure her that all I want is to be with her, that's always enough for me. 

It was still early days for is, and once the press caught wind of our engagement, things would undoubtedly become chaotic. For now, we simply wanted to bask in each others company and cherish these precious moments before the outside world intruded on our happiness. 

I thought I couldn't get enough of her before, but our desire for each other reaches new heights, becoming insatiable as we find ourselves unable to leave the bedroom for an entire day. Even the simplest of touches while going around the house ignites a fiery tryst between us.

********

As I step into our bedroom, I call out "Lot? Sweetheart, where are you?"

I have a feeling she's outside tending to her beloved garden, which at this point I suspect she loves more than me.

My suitcase is sitting by the bed, and I let out a sigh. Despite my love for racing and spending time with the boys, not being able to be with Lottie, especially after getting engages, will feel like torture. A week away from her seems unbearable. 

Approaching the case, I try to lift it onto the stand to start packing, but its weight almost sends me toppling. 

"What the hell?" I mutter to myself as I unzip the suitcase, revealing Lottie tucking in on herself and turning to me to exclaim "take me with you!"

I can't help but burst into laughter as she lies in an awkward position, wearing one of my training tops and shorts. 

"How long have you been in there?" I manage to ask amidst my laughter. 

She sits up, stretching and wincing, "long enough to realise that once you've zipped yourself into a suitcase, getting out isn't so easy"

"Come on you nutter" I say with a warm smile as I help her to her feet and out of the case, "impressive manoeuvre there"

Lottie

Daniel is picking up Lando this morning to take him to the airport so they can travel to Italy together. 

I cling to him in the reception room, showering him with gently kisses and telling him how much I will miss him. 

"I love you" he whispers against my lips, returning the affection with more kisses. 

"I love you" I reply earnestly, feeling a surge of emotion that makes me feel like a dramatic war wife. 

"I'll call you every night"

"You'd better" I say with a teasing challenge before his expression softens into a lovesick smile, "I'll take this off just now" I sigh and remove the ring from my finger. 

"It's over already?" he feigns shock with a dramatic gasp I give an eye roll and a head shake.

"Daniel will be onto us like a bloodhound"

"Oh he will!" he says with a knowing smile. 

"You're okay right?" I ask self consciously as I place my ring on the cabinet, "with keeping this to ourselves for a while?"