21.

I arrived at Daniel and Heidi's apartment as I knocked the door frantically.  The door flung open as Daniel pulled me into his arms.  

"We've seen the article, i'm gonna kick her ass" Heidi says as I shake my head.

"It wasnt what it looked like" I sob as they both led me to the sofa. 

"What do you mean?" Heidi asks as she sat on the sofa opposite me and Daniel.  I told them the whole story, from the interview and then me seeing the article and blocking Lottie. 

"Okay, but why is she mad at you?" Daniel asks as Heidi runs a comforting hand up and down my back.

"I was mad and it was clouding my judgement.  I called Luisa because she was in London and we slept together, then Lottie turned up and explained herself and I felt like shit and tried to get her to leave but Luisa walked into the livingroom, wrapped in a towel and Lottie figured it out" I say guiltily as Daniel sighs. 

"For fuck sake Lando" Daniel scolds me.

"I dont need a lecture right now Dan" I huff

"You should talk to her" Heidi says softly

"There's no point, she said it was over. We're done" I say as reality starts to sink in, i'm not sure there's any coming back from this. 

"Come here" Heidi says pulling me into her as I start to cry again.  What have I done. Now i'm the one who broke her heart. 

***   ***

Narrators POV

The following days are weird.  Lottie refuses to talk about what happened, insisting she's over it and just wants to forget it.  Deep down she's hurting, she becomes quiet.  Physically she begins distancing herself from everyone and does what she does best; writing song upon song about her break up with Lando

***   ***

TROUBLE IN PARADISE FOR HILL AND NORRIS?

The young pop sensation has deleted all trace of the F1 star from social media

MODEL LUISA BAROSA OLIVEIRA SEEN LEAVING HOUSE OF HILL AND NORRIS SHORTLY AFTER A TEARFUL HILL SEEN DEPARTING

The press are swarming the house as Marco pulls up in the car.  He tells me to keep my head down and he will guide me to the gates, the fortress of my Hamstead home will do the rest at keeping them at bay. 

"Lottie do you have any comments on the stories today?"

"Is it true Lando cheated on you Lottie?"

"Lottie, why was Luisa seen leaving your home?"

"Lottie, why have you deleted all evidence of Lando from Instagram?"

I try not to roll  my eyes as Marco pushes them back.

"Lottie, are you and Lando still dating?"

"Does this mean we're going to get another album out of this breakup?"

The paparazzi laugh between themselves as we get nearer the gate. We're almost there when one of them pipes up, "I'd fuck Luisa over Lottie any day"

I whip round, confronting the men, "What was that?"

I see out the corner of my eye Marco tries to reach for my hand, hyperaware of the cameras on me, despite being disgusted by the comment himself.  "Lottie, just ignore them" he pleads, looking back at the commotion, "lets just get into the car"

"We're only having a laugh Lottie" one says back as they continue snapping pictures of me. 

"No, you're pissing me off" I reply back sharply, "have some respect" I turn away, "scumbags" i say under my breath. 

"She's right, have some respect" Marco says back to them, furious at how they conduct themselves. 

One of the men pushes his luck as he follows us on right outside the gate, "Oooooh, you move on fast dont you, shacking up with the body guard now Lottie?" he taunts. 

"Fuck this" I say and in a flash i turn to grab his camera, lift it in the air and smash it down on the floor.  To put the final nail in the coffin, i raise my foot and stamp on it, "get a real job" I seethe. 

"Lottie" Marco shouts as he pulls me back, "lets get inside"

"You broke my camera!" the paparazzi screams, picking up the bits and pieces of whats left of it on the floor. 

I shoot him a sarcastic smile as we are ushered through the gate, "I'll break something else if you dont shut the fuck up" I call back over my shoulder for good measure. 

Marco makes sure that we get in to the house, and he insists that extra security stay around the perimeter for the rest of the night.