CHAPTER 10

FREEN

"You're really going to sleep here again?" was what I asked carefully towards Becky. I know that we have slept together countless times before, and I find it really cute when she becomes stubborn about it but it has been a while since the last time that we did sleep in the same bed. I don't really mind since we did sleep together last night, though I have no recollection of it, but is this really the best solution?

"Yes" she answered nonchalantly "I did, and I will sleep here with you until the day that you leave" she added, the conviction in her voice was very much apparent that I knew no matter what I say will simply be pushed aside or reasoned out by her. She is smart and stubborn after all. I know that she will simply insist until I give in, so I'd rather choose to give in than get into a conversation that I could never win.

"Alright" I said, resigned, as I once again started walking towards the bed to finally get my much-needed rest. It has been quite a long day after all, not that I can complain since it is my fault that things turned out the way they did.

I sat down on my side of the bed, which is the side that she's not occupying at the moment, before finally lying down and putting my feet under the blanket. "Did you even take a shower before coming here?" I asked, more like to tease her, and that made her prompt up to her side to face me. I looked over to her, and that annoyed expression she's wearing was very threatening for a completely different reason. She looks so incredibly adorable that I might end up teasing her throughout the night. "Of course I did!" she complained with that cute voice that she uses whenever we tease her.

"You didn't forget to brush your teeth, right?" I teased her again. Despite knowing how strict her nightly routine is, there's no harm in having a little bit of fun with her. I have been a bit distant and hesitant with her due to my plans, so now that everything is out in the open, I can tell that I have finally relaxed, especially around her.

"You shouldn't forget to brush your teeth, especially after everything that you ate today" I added more to my teasing, not wanting to end the fun just yet, but what she did next truly made me quite surprised that I was frozen for a moment "I did brush my teeth!" she said, her voice slightly raised "My mouth will smell good even if you smell it now" she said, coming up to my face. She was so close that for a moment I thought our faces would touch; good thing they didn't. She simply wanted to prove her point and breathed into my face for me to know that she did brush her teeth.

"Stop teasing me already!" she was sulking. I know it, but I still didn't move, not until she finally pulled back and went back to her side of the bed. I didn't know what to do next and had to rack my brains for an idea that would not make the situation awkward.

"Y-you should turn off the lights now" I said, turning over to hide my face from her "It's already late so we really should go to sleep now" was all I could think of. We barely got back to normal, and I don't want to ruin it again by having an awkward atmosphere between us over something silly. I don't even know why I'm acting this way. It must be because I have been distant from her or that I'm now relieved that she's not angry at me anymore. Yeah! That must be why. I can just sleep it off, and tomorrow I'll be back to my normal self. Things have gone back to normal, so I can now relax and be at ease. I didn't notice when she left the bed or even when she went back to bed, for I was already fast asleep from thinking too much.

The next day, Bec and I enjoyed a lovely breakfast with my family instead of leaving the house again. Becky was being more and more lively compared to that day when I told her. Her beautiful and enticing wide smile, which simply resembled the sunshine, was back, and I am hoping that it remains on her face.

We spend the next few days doing whatever Becky wants to do; some days we'll go out to go somewhere she wants to go, like the time that we went to the mall browsing through stuff and shopping for things as well. I also bought her some things that she might need. There was also a time when she abruptly asked me to go to the park and have a picnic. All the food that we ate was all takeout since we didn't have time to cook or make anything. Another time was when she suddenly thought of going to the beach, but we only got to spend so little time because we had to go back home the same day. Some days, we'll just stay at home and watch movies or series that are in the scope of her liking. We will also stay in my room and sing and dance all we want, wasting away our energy with whatever we can think of doing. Still, all the fun has an end, and the time we have left is limited.

After our seemingly endless time of catching up and having fun, it has finally come to an end, and my time to go away has arrived. As promised, Becky slept with me throughout the time I'm still home, but unlike the other days, she was gone when I woke up this morning. She did leave a message saying that she would come to the airport to see me off, but time is already running out.

Will she make it in time or will I have to go without seeing her see meoff?

_______________________________
Hi everyone!

Here's another chapter...