Act 1 Chp 1.1: A Second Chance

I groan as I slowly open my eyes. I see the room's white ceiling and a small chandelier illuminating the whole room. Sitting on my bed, I look around my surroundings to see if there's someone in here with me, but no one is here.

"Ouch...!"

Instinctively, I hold the back of my head where it hurts the most. I feel something wrapped around my head. I have no idea what this is because I don't recall wearing a headband or anything. I take it off without thinking, but it's a mistake.

"... A bandage?" I widen my eyes in surprise.

The bandage has absorbed a lot of blood, judging by the dark red color. I rub and explore my head carefully, but there's not even a single drop of blood on my hands. Suddenly, I feel like someone is coming. When I gaze at the closed door, it immediately opens.

A sister comes in with a tray and then notices me.

"Oh, you already- Why are you taking the bandage off?!" She suddenly raised her voice and rushed toward me.

She picks up the bandage and looks at it for a second, then looks at me with slight anger mixed with worry.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" She asked.

I shake my head, and she sighs in relief.

"I'm going to pick more bandages, okay? I'm sure you're hungry, so I prepared some soup. Eat it while it warms, will you?" She smiled warmly at me before leaving and closing the door.

"I guess I am hungry." I shrugged after hearing my stomach grumbling.

I feel something sticking on my chest when I get off the bed. I lift my shirt to the top, revealing another bandage wrapped around my chest and left shoulder. I try to touch it gently but feel no pain. Curiosity gets the better of me again, so I remove the bandage.

"Oh my..." My jaw drops slightly, and my eyes widen. I can't hide my surprise at what I'm witnessing.

Close inspection reveals that the size is nearly as large as a blade on my chest. It looks dreadful as a scar. I decide to put it aside from my mind since I feel hungry.

Standing before the food, I notice something eye-catching lying next to the tray. An orb-shaped gem inlaid within a pair of tri-feathered wings, with a diamond-shaped tail on the bottom and five spikes at the top. On the back, three-wing-like decorations along the bottom on one side.

"A vision?" I murmured.

I picked it up and observed it closely.

"It looks pretty. But why is it lying here? Whose is this?"

I don't remember owning a vision, so I just put it back where it was.

While I'm sitting on my bed eating the soup, I can tell some presences are closing by. The door is open, showing the sister is back with another two figures behind her. They come in one by one, but I recognize those two within a second.

"Please don't mind us. Feel free to keep eating. I'm sure you're quite hungry since you're recovering." Assured the man in white and red vestment.

He wears a white miter and circular glasses. He's the Seneschal of the Church of Favonius, one of the leaders of Mondsatdt. He's very considerate to let me eat my soup back, but I choose not to since it would be inappropriate, so I shake my head.

"Hmm? Are your wounds already recovered?" The other man spoke to me with a curious expression.

The other man's the Grand Master of the Knight of Favonius. Anyone in Mondstadt knows who he is.