Act 1 Chp 4.0: A Momentary Visit

Thanks to my nervousness, I was awakened in the middle of the night. And I can't even return to my slumber, so I prepare for the day. Take a shower, change clothes, and wear my shoes. I plan to visit since there's still time before dawn comes.

Opening the window, I poke my head and dart my eyes left and right. After making sure no one is outside, I sneak out of the window before closing it back. There are a few knights nearby, but luckily, none are in the way where I want to go. I make my way by crouching to the graveyard.

Arriving there, I try to open the gate. But, of course, it's locked.

I sigh, "I knew it."

I have an idea, but that is a bit risky. This is another good chance to put my training with my vision into motion. Taking a deep breath, I bend one knee and focus on my feet. I shoot open my eyes and leap forward to bypass the gate. My calculation was off, making me trip on my landing.

"Agh, shit. My posture was off, and I jumped too high." I stood and cleaned myself.

"But hey, that worked. Well, I did this before, so,"

At least my calculation to avoid stepping on the graves was perfect. Checking my area, I still see nobody, plus my power assures none is tailing me. With that, I approach my parents' grave. I sit between their graves, crossing my feet, and hold my arms together.

"Hey, Dad. Hey, Mom." I caressed their tombstones gently before holding my arms back.

"I- I'm so sorry. It took me this long to visit you guys. Lately, I've been- No, no. That's just an excuse. I should open up more since I'm talking with you two instead of anyone else."

I breathe out.

"Let's start again. Forgive me for taking so long to visit. I was just very down that you left me behind, and- I'm scared. I don't know how to face you when I'm the only one who survived that mishap. I felt I cheated on that, especially after making a deal with an unknown entity for my personal goal. Or was it? I don't know. I didn't know what compelled me to accept their offer. Was it hatred? Perhaps, I'm not sure."

"I know their offer did not mention anything about reviving you guys, but I feel guilty and responsible for what happened. I simply thought I should've refused instead. At the same time, I couldn't just let go of it that easily. I couldn't forgive that man just like that."

I start to lose control of my breathing, and my throat suddenly feels dry. Yet, I keep going.

"That sounded selfish, now that I think about it. I know. Both of you wouldn't like me to take revenge. If anything, you two would give me a long and earful lecture on me."

"Maybe that would contain my hatred."

I shake my head and look at my dad's tomb.

"Please don't give me that look, Dad. I wouldn't justify my actions. Not now or ever. I already dip my feet in the ocean, then I might as well drown myself, no? When the time comes, whether I succeed or fail, feel free to be mad at me. For once in a while, I'll gladly listen to it."

"But rest assured, I do not plan to fail. After all, somehow, my hatred hasn't thoroughly blinded me. I know what to do and what I need to do. It's definitely take a while, but I'll get there. Just like you always taught me, always keep my head cool."

I move my head to my mom's.

"You as well, mom. People I met so far have been treating me very nicely, and some even were too nice, in my opinion. They took care of me, protected me, and a lot more to list. You taught me to treat others well, so don't worry, because I will. Try, at least. Don't expect too much on me, though, okay?"

"Right. I guess I talked long enough, so it's time for the main topic."

I crouch, fold one of my knees, and put my arms on their graves while looking downward.

"Please look after me. Today might be the day death knocks on my door. I've been exercising and preparing my heart for something like this. However, there's still doubt in me. How can I not? This will be my first fight, after all."

A gentle yet strong wind bumps into my face and body, flowing through my hair. I feel better now that I have vented everything in my mind.

"Well, wish me luck. I'll bring flowers next time." I curved my lips, leaving those two.

A/N: Nothing to say in this, to be honest.

Thank you for reading, and carry on!