Act 1 Chp 4.1: Assassin

The sky remains dim, and the chilly air is beginning to seep through my jacket, penetrating my skin. Vapor escapes with each exhale, forming a mist before me. I rub my hands together in an attempt to stave off the cold. Despite the discomfort, I remind myself that I won't be here much longer, so I endure for a little while longer.

Looking at the gate, I see two men walking outside and standing on the sides. Since I'm leaning against the tree close to the gate, they notice me almost immediately.

"Good morning, Morgan!"

"Hah, you sure are early today." He yawned.

"Morning' to you, too." I greeted them back, "I guess so. Just feeling for it today."

"Haha, quite diligent one, aren't you? Unlike someone I know."

"Hey, don't look at me like that."

Those two almost bantered like usual in the morning had I not interrupted.

"Anyway, can I ask you a favor?"

The couple looked at me in confusion.

"Oh, sure. What is it?"

"I want you to give this piece of paper to Mrs. Frederica when she's looking for me."

I give it to them, and they take it with question marks on their heads.

"No problem, but why?"

"Yeah. Why don't you wait for her instead?"

"Thanks. I'd love to, but I have to go now." I stepped back from them.

"Alright. I suppose we can do that, but what if she's not looking for you?"

I prepare to leave, "You guys can throw it, then. Bye."

After bidding them goodbye, I jog my way out of the city.

...

After some time, I arrive at the coast under Stormbearer Points. But I haven't stepped foot on the sand yet because behind me is woods. I look at every high peak where I could see myself if I were there.

After checking everything I need, I take a deep breath and relax my muscles for the last time. Despite that, my nervousness remains unchanging. Regardless, I have to do this.

"You seem troubled, kid." A voice came from behind me.

I quickly pivot myself, "Who's there!?"

The person in question didn't answer and kept approaching me step by step. Consequently, I follow his pace by walking backward. We keep going until I almost get cornered. Neither of us takes any action.

I can't see his face because he's wearing a mask, but I can tell we look at each other in the eye. His full black attire with crimson silhouettes and something eye-catching on his chest got my attention. Let's not forget his blade sticking to his right arm.

Oh man, this is such a red flag, isn't it?

"Who are you?"

"Morgan Friedrich. They sent me to deal with you. I wonder if that's because of your vision?" He put his arm on his hip.

"... What are you talking about?"

"Oh, nothing. Just talking to myself." He raised his hands, "For someone blessed by the archon, you are a reckless kid. I couldn't tell either because you're confident in yourself or you're so ignorant. Doesn't matter in the end."

"What do you want from me?"

"Hmph! I'll say this once. Surrender yourself." He said in an arrogant tone.