Act 1 Chp 1.4: Piecing All Clues

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I wait for people from the Knights are coming. It's been a few days, but the investigation of the incident isn't going anywhere. Or so I heard. They've been doing it without any information from me, after all.

Grand Master Varka and I agreed to discuss the incident further today. I'm curious about what they have found so far in exchange for me to tell them about what happened. Nearing the appointed time, they should come any time soon.

The moment I thought of them, I heard knocks on the door.

"Morgan, it's me."

"Come in."

The door opens and reveals a few people standing in front of it. Coming one by one, they position themselves in different spots. I quietly wait for them to come in until the last person closes the door.

Four persons are in the room, excluding me. Grand Master Varka, The Seneschal, and the others are someone I don't know.

"Shall we start now?" I began.

"No need to be haste, Morgan. Firstly, let those two introduce themselves to you. I gathered as few people as possible, like you asked." Grand Master protested.

"Right, allow us to do the honor. My name is Fernand, the captain of the Reconnaissance. My company and I are responsible for performing reconnoiter and fend off approaching enemies." He stands next to the Seneschal.

Well, you did a terrible job, then.

"A pleasure to meet you, Morgan." He continued.

"Likewise, sir."

"I'm Eroch, the Inspector of Knight of Favonius. I'm here to assist you in solving this incident. I hope we can work together." He sits on the chair.

I nodded.

"Before we begin, do you have any questions?"

"Isn't it a bit late for me to provide you guys with intel? It's been a few days since then. I doubt I could help much."

"I told you not to worry about it too much. While we got clues on our own, getting more from you definitely would increase the chance for us to find whoever was behind that incident." Grand Master Varka answered.

"That's why we'd ask for your cooperation. Let's hope we can find the root as soon as possible. We cannot let them get away from punishment."

"Besides, it'll be dangerous to let those responsible loose around Mondstadt."

"But, please don't burden yourself too much with this meeting." The Seneschal reminded.

I nod a few times, "Alright. Go ahead."

I've been itching to hear something more about that bastard. My head had nothing going on but that tragedy. I'm not a fan of meet-ups like this, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have high hopes for them.

Grand Master Varka signals Eroch to speak, and after taking out a small notebook, he starts the meeting.

"The incident happened on 28th October, next to the entrance of the Drunkard Gorge. The documented victims were Seth Frederick, Maria Frederick, and Morgan Frederick. We confirmed the couple's death while their child survived but suffered grave injuries. After the crime scene inspection, we believed the incident's motive was pillage and murder. We have asked every owner vendor in Drunkard Gorge, possible witnesses from Springvale and nearby villages. However, since the event happened when it was storming, everyone was inside their house. Also, we apprehended some treasure hoarders close to the scene, but they knew almost nothing about it."