Act 1 Chp 2.3: The Gunnhildr's Motto

Arriving at the training ground, I see two figures already there, a lady and a girl.

The lady has blonde hair and wears a white, blue, and green long-sleeve shirt, white tights, and a pair of white high-heeled knee-high boots. The girl has gold-blonde hair tied back into a ponytail with a black bow, wearing a dark blue drop-waist dress and a pair of white shoes.

Those two are alike.

They are in the middle of sword practice as the two wield a wooden sword. As someone who doesn't know a thing about weapon practice, their movements seem alien to me, yet I can't help but feel impressed. The girl seems to do her best to keep up with the lady's sword swings, but there is a wide gap between them from what I see.

After a heat of clashing their weapons, they put distance between each other.

"Yo, Frederica. I see you are diligent as always, practicing with your daughter at this hour." Grand Master Varka greets them casually.

After noticing our presence, the lady speaks to the girl,

"Jean, take a break for 10 minutes."

"Yes, Mother!" She replied as I could see her panting.

"Grand Master Varka, do you need something from me?" She asked as soon as she approached him.

"Yeah. I'm not interrupting you practicing with Jean, am I?"

"Haha, of course not. By the way," She paused as she looked at me, "Isn't it surprising to see you here, Morgan?"

"Hmm? You know me?" I inquired.

She chuckles, "I do. I'm sure everyone in Knight of Favonius knows you by now. You made quite an uproar a while ago, after all."

I raise my eyebrows upon that statement.

"Is that so?" I sighed.

Grand Master quickly prompts her, asking her to apologize. The lady panics for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was just-" I cut her.

"Please don't mind what I said." I shook my head.

"By the way, I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Morgan. A pleasure to meet you." I bowed slightly.

"A rather polite introduction." She mumbled, "Nice to meet you too, Morgan. I'm Frederica Gunnhildr, a member of the Knight of Favonius."

Huh. That explains Mrs. Frederica's attire and vibe give me the impression of the aristocracy.

"Morgan, I need a moment with Frederica. Why don't you look around the training ground?" Grand Master asked.

"If that's what you're going to do," She paused as she looked at the girl from this distance, "Jean!"

The girl was sitting as she wiped her sweat with a towel until Mrs. Frederica's call startled her and made her suddenly stand up.

"Show him around while you take a break, will you?"

She looks at me before replying, "Okay!"

And so, the grandmaster and Mrs. Frederica walk away from the training ground. I can still see and hear them faintly from here, but I'm not inquisitive.

"Hi there." A voice suddenly spoke behind me.

When I gazed at them, I noticed she was hesitant to approach me. Looking at her closely, she seems younger than me.

"Hello." I greeted her back.

"Before I show you around, can we do a small introduction? It would be appropriate for us to know each other names."