Act 1 Chp 2.4: The Outrider Captain

The sunlight starts to irradiate the whole Mondstadt. It is getting bustling in the market district as people do their activities. Some people are preparing to work while shop vendors are opening their stores for business today.

At this hour, I'm starting to feel hungry. So I started walking to Good Hunter. When I'm about to arrive, I don't see many customers in the queue. Lucky me, I don't want to spend too much time waiting for food. After those in front of me finish ordering, it's finally my turn.

"Welcome to Good Hunter. How can I help you?" The waitress offered.

"I want to order some food. Can I see today's menu?"

"Of course!" She beamed before handing me the menu, "Here you go."

I scan the menu as soon as I take it from her.

Most foods on the list are something I haven't tried before. They are relatively pricey, but I'm not planning to eat a lot. Since I don't know what to pick, I order one Adventurer's Breakfast Sandwich.

"Sure. Would you like anything else?"

"That's all for now." I said as I passed her the menu back.

"That'll be 1.750 mora."

I paid the bill with the exact amount.

"Your food will be ready soon. Please wait at your table."

There are plenty of vacant tables, so I chose the closest table. I look around at other customers. Each of them has a companion with them as they eat. Seeing those around me, all I could do was sigh deeply.

It doesn't take long until my food arrives. When the waitress served my food, I asked her for a glass of water, and she complied. While waiting for my glass of water, I bite the sandwich. Chewing it slowly, I savor the taste.

My meal was quite satisfying, and the portion size was just right. The only problem is my surroundings. So I decided to leave as soon as I finished my meal.

"Morgan?" Someone called out my name.

I look at the source of the voice. It was a middle-aged man, someone I'd never seen before. His attire looks like he's a member of KoF but slightly different from what I usually see around the city, and he has a sword attached to his right hip.

Next to him is a young girl with long, dark brown hair and gold eyes. What catches my attention about her is her headband, which resembles the shape of bunny ears.

Something about him is peculiar.

"... Yes, do you need something?" I said warily.

"Sorry, I didn't mean anything. I was about to have breakfast with Amber, but I saw you and decided to greet you."

"I see, but how do you know me?"

"This might be the first time we met, but I was there when we, the Knight of Favonius, found you and brought you back to the city."

He was one of those who helped me back then, and even if I didn't know what he did for me, I must express my gratitude regardless of how small it was.

"Ah, thank you for rescuing me back then, sir." I bowed slightly.

"I couldn't do much for you back then, so you don't have to thank me. But I appreciate your gratitude." He swayed his hand.

"Also, you don't have to be so formal. You can call me Hao, and she's Amber, my granddaughter." He introduced himself and the girl beside him.

Oh, I thought she was his daughter.

"Hello, I'm Amber!" Amber cheerfully greeted me.

"Hello, Amber. I'm Morgan. And nice to meet you, Mr. Hao. Is there anything else I can help you with?"